Jackson Pollock

Guest BLINK_evryda

Guest BLINK_evryda

so let me ask this question.

what do you think about jackson pollock and do you think he influenced graffitti nowadays, and do you think he has influenced wild style graffiti.

later bitches

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First off, Jackson Pollock as far as i'm concerned turned something into nothing. If you don't know who he is he's the guy that basically (no pun intended) splattered, dripped, etc. paint on various surfaces to create images what he considered showed different moods and feelings.(something to that effect). Anyhow, I don't really think that today he directly influenced graffiti simple or wildstyle. From an art-fag like myself's point of view i guess his motivations are the same as many artists are and graffiti artists alike. He did what he felt to convey what he felt which i feel alot of artists lack nowadays, true creativity. I always tell kids not to draw the fruit on the table like it is, that might be coo to impress everyone sometimes, but to draw or paint em how they see em. JP obviously saw things very creativily and portrayed them as such.

So in conclusion i guess we can apply his motivations and ideals to graf somewhat but i dont feel he directly influenced graffiti style as such.

K i'll fuckin stop there

i understand his work and appreciate it alot but i think that he was way-overrated in the art world....then again he was basically conquering new ground when it came to painting techniques. noone had ever seen splatter or drippings in a gallery type setting so i can see why he was hyped up so much....his shit was ground breaking in the early 50's...but i think he was over-hyped just cause his shit was different

Guest BLINK_evryda

okay have you ever seen some of his non-splatter works?? Like he actually can paint and thats kinda what i am talking about. im about to start on this book about his life called "such desperate joy, imagining jackson pollock".

Guest INDEPENDENZA
Originally posted by DALI-LAMA

First off, Jackson Pollock as far as i'm concerned turned something into nothing. If you don't know who he is he's the guy that basically (no pun intended) splattered, dripped, etc. paint on various surfaces to create images what he considered showed different moods and feelings.(something to that effect). Anyhow, I don't really think that today he directly influenced graffiti simple or wildstyle. From an art-fag like myself's point of view i guess his motivations are the same as many artists are and graffiti artists alike. He did what he felt to convey what he felt which i feel alot of artists lack nowadays, true creativity. I always tell kids not to draw the fruit on the table like it is, that might be coo to impress everyone sometimes, but to draw or paint em how they see em. JP obviously saw things very creativily and portrayed them as such.

So in conclusion i guess we can apply his motivations and ideals to graf somewhat but i dont feel he directly influenced graffiti style as such.

K i'll fuckin stop there

*bravo*

Archived