ARCHITECTURE

b.hussein

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's another Khan, the Kimbell museum in texas, it's fucking amazing. look it up.

P1000784JPG.jpghttp://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6996909

I've seen this one before, what/where is it?

Jüdisches Museum (Jewish Museum), Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany. Edit, looks like you were able to find it so here's one of my favorite architects: Zaha Hadid

399187304_b12790f7fd_b.jpg

399187309_bc0daff404_b.jpg

Here's another good series to watch. I posted it a few years ago but 12oz felt architecture was gay then. It's been picked up by Hulu (miraculously) so here you go.

http://www.hulu.com/design-e2

funny, I just started watching that one a couple weeks ago, pretty good

they also have one called art21, which features current art nerds. I was hesitant, but it's pretty rad. worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost want to start a discussion about what architecture (not engineering) actually is and the responsibilities it carries into the future.

Without getting too psychedelic/existentialist/phenomenological: A chair tells you how to sit. Without anything to sit on, you would never even know that you could. Different chairs tell you that you can sit differently. Architectural space commands you to move in certain ways, and generally you like it because it's a new experience. If you dont like the experience, then architecture has failed to create good space.

Read into this any way you want. Architecture can isolate you or it can bring people and entire civilizations together. It can create stress, alleviate it, provide you with a physical challenge and reward you for your efforts.

The value of any building is its interior space. The exterior is just political bullshit that you have to take seriously if you dont want villagers with pitchforks coming after you. Some architects do.

For reading that i reward you with the fancy door.

35cg6kk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wright's the epitome of poor, unsustainable design. Ghery's no better.

Dont get too lulled by the "Low/Moderate income designed house." when a.) thathouse will go for millions and b. that house took hundreds of thousands just to refurbish. Bad form, Frank.

Architectural history of the tenderloin Rise of the apartment, endless decline of San Francisco.

School's back in session so I'll be posting a ton of stuff (hopefully) over the next couple months.

• 3 weeks later...

That house is a piece of shit anyway, architecturally speaking. People forget that houses are like cars and if a $150,000 car costs $11,000,000 to fix, it's probably a bad design. Those cantilevers are solid concrete and are basically destroying the home. Plus it's built over a river, in a humid environment, which is kind of a bad idea if you dont want your structure to rot and smell like mildew. Even Frank would be embarrassed and want it demolished.