ring around the moon

complex

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just googled it found this

Ring Around The Moon

The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which of course is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The shape of the ice crystals results in a focusing of the light into a ring. Since the ice crystals typically have the same shape, namely a hexagonal shape, the Moon ring is almost always the same size.

Less typical are the halos that may be produced by different angles in the crystals. They can create halos with an angle of 46 degrees.

google image pics here

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=halo%20around%20the%20moon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

a938_dragged_through_street_2050081722-18027.jpg.75bbf99e11dd5e2177bd8352f2a9cb83.jpg

HOLY SHIT.

About 4-5 years ago I remember walking outside to this sight. I never heard anything about it and was completely amazed by what I saw.

It looked exactly like the pictures complex linked - http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Pretty good to have some closure on that... I never looked into it and distinctly remember being high as shit.

i dono where around the world you can see it but if you look at the moon theres a huge halo like ring around it. try and spec it.

common?

uncommon?

2 questions for you

1) how old are you?

If you are under lets say 15 ignore question two and isn't it past your bedtime.

2) Do you live in a cave?

If you answered yes to question 2 your lack of knowing about a ring around the moon or this thing called google is understandable and will be excused. If you are under 15 isn't it past your bedtime and there is this really great site called google to answer all your stupid questions for you. please go there from now on.

Otherwise

guns05.gif

• Like 1

the sailor says rain tomorrow, high cirrus form into ice crystals and make a halo showing approaching moisture, sometimes it happens around the sun as well. I heard somewhere that the light is refracted at 22 degrees but I dunno if there's truth in that.

*edit: sometimes it just means high level moisture in a passing system and you won't get rain but more often than not it's gonna be soggy.

2 questions for you

1) how old are you?

If you are under lets say 15 ignore question two and isn't it past your bedtime.

2) Do you live in a cave?

If you answered yes to question 2 your lack of knowing about a ring around the moon or this thing called google is understandable and will be excused. If you are under 15 isn't it past your bedtime and there is this really great site called google to answer all your stupid questions for you. please go there from now on.

Otherwise

guns05.gif

LOL!

the fucks wrong with you angry troll?