Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Zoes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a fine line between actual possibilities and far fetched fantasies.

pacman would embarrass mayweather and he knows it. why won't he fight him in march? gayweather is running out of excuses

Here's to prove who is ducking who. As stated Mayweather had already agreed to a March date now Pac wants it pushed further back.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23862

MMA IS FOR BEER DRINKERS!!!!

IM CRYINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

PBF would get crushed by top WEC fighters at 145....... UFC cats at 155 would DESTROY him. He talks shit about the sport to sell PPV, and then hangs out with Rampage. Dude is about 1 thing... money. I'm not hating on that; but I do hate on him ducking Paul Williams and the rest of the REAL boxing welterweights out there. He pops off like he is the greatest boxer since Robinson. Dude is shook to fight any one that may take him into deep water. The JMM fight was a big fight because JMM was the last person to give Pac a challenge. Mayweather is a bigger punch dodger than Tyson.

MMA has been around for a while.

Pretty diverse group of people if you ask me.

Can't believe the race card is being pulled here too.

As far as this fight is concerned. I don't think Mayweather can straight up fight Pac. He'll run around the ring for the entire fight.

I still think that Pac's speed at this moment is undeniable. Ask most of the people that have got into the ring with him.

I'll have to go with Pac man.

so i read that they are trying to have the fight in new york yankee stadium status

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212271227.shtml

i have to say, and maybe ill draw some heat on this....WHY? fuck that.

anyways personally i favor mayweather as a fighter. i like his style. he is smooth and precise. however, he knows that part of why he is getting paid is not only to fight but to put on a good show. he milks out each of his fights until the end while taking little to no punishment.

but in reality i think you cant really say one or the other obviously dominates the other because that is why there is so much appeal for a fight like this, they are both awesome. it would be better for the boxing world though if pacquiao won though. the reason being is because you would have an undisputed champion that is willing to defend his title.

mayweather pulls this pussyfoot shit where he wont fight. fuck that would suck to not have a champion that doesn't have matches.

Fact: 95% of the people who watch MMA are faggots in Tap Out shirts drinking Miller Lite and have those gay spy sunglasses with the white trim. Fuck those guys and everyone who looks like them.

MMA fights are filled with rednecks and retards.

Boxing matches are filled with high class mother fuckers in tuxedo's. Classy floats my boat.

my money's on pacquiao. the only way floyd can win is by sticking and moving. but i think pacquiao will cut the ring off, stay on him wherever he tries to run, and force mayweather into trading blows with him...and pacman will win easily if that's how the fight goes. i say pacman by ko or stoppage by round 6 at the latest as the filipinos all slurp on duck fetus in celebration.

Fact: 95% of the people who watch MMA are faggots in Tap Out shirts drinking Miller Lite and have those gay spy sunglasses with the white trim. Fuck those guys and everyone who looks like them.

MMA fights are filled with rednecks and retards.

Boxing matches are filled with high class mother fuckers in tuxedo's. Classy floats my boat.

I guess you could say the same thing about Football and Nascar.

I go to basketball games and don't see too many people wearing "suits" either.

FACT: You just made all of that shit up.

I will agree with this though...

faggots in Tap Out shirts drinking Miller Lite and have those gay spy sunglasses with the white trim. Fuck those guys and everyone who looks like them.

Same goes with dudes that walk around with face paint on. I mean..seriously?

i've mentioned this in the boxing thread, the majority of mma fights ive gone to usually are filled with meatheads with affliction/tapout gear on with skanky guidet looking chicks...dudes trying to act all tough because their friends cousins friend is actually fighting in the ring but half of them wouldnt have the balls to train without roids and actually fight in the ring themselves...most people i have met through fighting have been really cool, it just seems like the general crowd that follows sucks

most boxing shows ive been to has had a classier crowd, not always in suits though lol...i like seeing the old ass men studying the younger fighters. you kno these guys kno the game and have been around for years. i like the boxing crowd better for sure

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly every detail is finalized for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao to fight on March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas but one. That one detail, though, may kill the fight.

Negotiations are at an impasse over Pacquiao’s failure to agree to random Olympic-style drug testing, said Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, on Tuesday.

Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach said his fighter is willing to comply with strict drug-testing standards, but Roach won’t allow Pacquiao to have blood drawn 48 hours before the fight.

Ellerbe said he would not let Mayweather enter the ring unless Pacquiao agreed to it.

Both sides agreed that the drug testing issue is the only hurdle preventing the fight from being finished. Earlier Tuesday, Golden Boy Promotions officially requested March 13 from the Nevada State Athletic Commission to host the show.

“As Floyd’s management, we are insistent that there be a level playing field,” Ellerbe said. “This is in the best interests of the fighters, the fans and the sport. If you want a level playing field, the best way to do it is to have Olympic-style, random drug testing administered by the premier agency in the world, the [united States Anti-Doping Agency].”

Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum said the demand is “absolutely crazy,” done simply to harass Pacquiao, who is squeamish about needles, and is proof that Mayweather doesn’t really want the fight.

Arum said the request has been an unsettled issue since the first day of negotiations last month.

“We’re not going to agree to have Manny give blood in training, because that’s stupid,” Arum said. “Every doctor in the world will tell you that is stupid. He’ll give his blood at the beginning of the year and he’s willing to be urine-tested 24/7, but blood doesn’t show [expletive] and he’s not going to do it.”

In a statement released by his publicist, Mayweather said he is willing to submit to the testing. There was never any suspicion that Pacquiao had ever taken banned substances until earlier this year, when Floyd Mayweather Sr. suggested he was on steroids.

Pacquiao has passed every urine test he’s been given in connection with boxing matches.

“I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don’t know anyone who really does,” Mayweather said in his statement. “But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level. I have already agreed to the testing and it is a shame that he is not willing to do the same.

“It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night. I hope that this is either some miscommunication or that Manny will change his mind and step up and allow these tests, which were good enough for all these other great athletes, to be performed by USADA.”

Blood tests for illegal drugs and banned substances are not required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which would have regulatory control of the bout if it is held in Las Vegas.

In Nevada, a fighter is required to submit to a blood test that screens for HIV and Hepatitis B and C, as well as other blood-borne diseases, as part of the requirement to gain a license.

A license in Nevada is good for one year. In Pacquiao’s case, he received his 2009 license shortly before he fought Ricky Hatton in May. He submitted his blood to the commission between April 5 and April 20, said Keith Kizer, the commission’s executive director.

Kizer said all fighters who fight in Nevada are subject to random urine tests as well as any other medical tests, such as an MRI or a CAT scan, that the commission deems necessary. Arum said Pacquiao is willing to submit to testing by an outside agency but won’t give his blood. Roach said it’s an issue because Mayweather’s side has been insisting Pacquiao give blood as close as 48 hours within the fight.

“We’ll accommodate their requests and do urine testing up the wazoo and we’ll agree to have them done by an outside agency,” Arum said. “Manny has nothing to hide. But he’s not going to give blood because that’s crazy. He’ll do it at the beginning and he’ll do it at the end. That’s how it is done. Ask some former Olympic boxers how many times they give blood.”

Ellerbe said having the testing administered by USADA would quell suspicions about the procedures or the result.

“This is no rooty toot organization,” said Ellerbe, who noted that such testing was accepted by elite athletes such as LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong.

Roach scoffed at such talk and said it won’t matter to him if the fight is not held.

“I really don’t care, because Manny doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather,” Roach said. “The tests he’s requesting are not commission tests, they’re not boxing tests and this is not an Olympic sport. A urine test is just as qualified as a blood test. [Human growth hormone] is not detected by blood or urine.”

The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH.