First CD/Cassette Tape you owned

Siege1222

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a question... I dunno the first cassette I owned, probably something my dad made. I have NO idea what the first cd I owned was, I remember being at dinner with my dad and one of his friends (head of Camelot music SouthEastern division) when he told us about these new things that were like laser discs that were gonna revolutionize music. He said you could step on them an they would still work and I ate my shrimp sandwhich....

My first Casette was : repeat20offender1.jpg

My mom gave me that shit when I got a casette walkman, and she didn't want me listening to HIPHOP... I had tapes friends lent me, but that was my first owned tape... after that i owned nothing but HIPHOP tapes (still have all of them too) till I got my first CD's. I stayed on the casette tip forever because I could make my own mixes... High speed dubbin for life kid!

My first CD's:

oldirtybastard%20returntothe%2036%20chambers%20front%20cover.jpg

mad_lion_real_ting_1995_retail_cd-front.jpg

^^^ Got them two for $20 when I got my first discman...

oh gawd

First tape I owned. Ashamed? Yes. I don't even know how I got it.

Who-Let-The-Dogs-Out060909.jpg

I only ever had one more tape and it was two songs I used a recorder so get. One was a red hot chili peppers song and i completely forget the other

First CD was either this:

snoop-doggy-dogg-doggystyle.jpg

or a burnt copy of this:

mmlp.jpg

Both of which I got from my older brother at some time and I don't remember which came first.

Yes. I grew up in the 90s and I don't even know why I had a tape at all. Noone really did anymore.

snoop dogg atleast 5 years prior to eminem....

Record: Some unlabeled Break Beat compilation - copped it in 1983, wish I still had it.

Tape: I can't remember. I got boxes of 1985 recordings of Chicago's 89.3 WNUR's "All Rap Party" Sat Mornings (uncut).

CD: I was late to the CD game, but I know for sure this was my first purchase -

467_image1.jpg

It was the tall cardboard CD box made for record racks.

Record: Some unlabeled Break Beat compilation - copped it in 1983, wish I still had it.

Tape: I can't remember. I got boxes of 1985 recordings of Chicago's 89.3 WNUR's "All Rap Party" Sat Mornings (uncut).

CD: I was late to the CD game, but I know for sure this was my first purchase -

467_image1.jpg

It was the tall cardboard CD box made for record racks.

DIGITIZEEE those tapes!