Model trains

Rustofills

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

weathering is more of a technique thing than 'what materials'. generally, people use chalks, airbrush, felt tip pens, acrylic washes, oils, actual soot from a fireplace and the list goes on. just keep in mind, modeling trains is not what your used to with painting real graffiti. what may take a couple of hours in a layup, may take a few weeks on a model train.

there are a lot of great tutorials on youtube. here is a tutorial using felt tipped pens that you probably have laying around the house.

http://www.westportterminal.de/weathering.html#pens

• 5 weeks later...
Can you get Sydney Trains on the net or anywhere at all??? Grey Ghosts, Red Rattlers, Tangaras, Ridgeys, Oscars, Coalies anything??? Even Old NYC's!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NSW-Cityrail-Tangara-HO-scale-4-car-set-1%2F87_W0QQitemZ160386608343QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091213?IMSfp=TL091213011001r4070

here you go, im sure you can keep looking and find more

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ho is the way to go. I just swooped up a cryo-trans ho scale off ebay. shit can be expensive. the companies know the score. rare cars, the same ones people want to bomb, are more expensive. I also got a cold car for around 25. shit looks tight. athearn is a good company as far as i'm concerned. I don't have a railroad but I have a couple cars with the hopes of getting them in a writers hands.

Make sure you know what you are doing when you are buying online...most are pre-assembled but there are tons of models out there that require some assembly. nothing too complex though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...