80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I remember there was a giveaway CD with like 10 songs in a 1993 issue of Can Control , and this was one of them . Dope .

" You're In Shambles "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xT6vUy_b2o

5c60bda45a74300a8c3b07e9de9a.jpeg

One of my friends had his World Industries Jovante Turner deck signed by Del , after Casual , Souls Of Mischief & the rest of the Heiroglyphics Crew came to play Cleveland .

The first time I saw Akira was probably around 90/91. A friend of mine from school said "You've got to see this shit!" He had this "I just killed 20 squirrels with my rambo knife" kind of look in his eyes, so I knew the shit was good. He had a bootleg copy of Akira on VHS, so I gave him a tape and he made me a copy. I probably watched that movie at least a dozen times the first week I got it. After that I briefly got into the whole Anime thing, but mostly just Tank Police and old Star Blazers type shit.

I'm curious if anyone else remembers watching "Warriors of the Wind" on HBO. It was probably around 1984 and was actually Hayao Miyazaki's "Nausicca of the Valley of the wind."

nausicaa_film2.jpeg

mehve.jpg

medium_nausicaa_5.jpg

A Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUDNaGUe48

I just want to know if anyone else remembers this being on HBO and having their mind blown the fuck out like nothing else on TV. My family used to go through the TV guide and circle shit, I went through and circled that movie every time it was on while it ran. I forget how many times I watched it, but for me the 8 year old --that shit was like finding a pot of gold.