Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

80's-90's MEMORIES


Recommended Posts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair enough. But now I have to explain why I was being a pussy. You’ll laugh because the hair ain’t the worst  but that five head!!  Oh my.    Reality is - it was a time when I was physically a

Posted Images

Just now, ndv said:

 

Great post!  That is one heck of a store.  I got anxiety just looking at it. 

I think its Toys R Us. My local one def had an entire row of GI Joe in the mid-late eighties

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kults said:

I think its Toys R Us. My local one def had an entire row of GI Joe in the mid-late eighties

 

You reminded me of something I used to do back in the day growing up in a household with limited money and price tags where still printed on items. 

 

So basically when I was in the store I would grab a GI Joe and ask if I could get it?  Parents would look at the price tag and say "we can't afford that right now. If you can find one cheaper then maybe".

 

So I would go back and intentionally waste my time looking for one cheaper.  Then quickly realized, pulling a price tag with lesser value and placing it over the existing price tag I would have a better chance at getting it.   

 

It worked flawlessly.  Did everytime but not all the time.  Talk about 80s - 90s memories. 

 

 

  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kults said:

switching those tags without ripping them was an art 

 

Thanks. I vaguely remember the work in doing it. But I do remember it was tricky amd I didn't have much time.  

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ndv said:

 

You reminded me of something I used to do back in the day growing up in a household with limited money and price tags where still printed on items. 

 

So basically when I was in the store I would grab a GI Joe and ask if I could get it?  Parents would look at the price tag and say "we can't afford that right now. If you can find one cheaper then maybe".

 

So I would go back and intentionally waste my time looking for one cheaper.  Then quickly realized, pulling a price tag with lesser value and placing it over the existing price tag I would have a better chance at getting it.   

 

It worked flawlessly.  Did everytime but not all the time.  Talk about 80s - 90s memories. 

 

 

We used to do something similar - get the dollar Walmart chrome/gold/black and scan the barcode. Print a gang of them out and go back into the store and put them on Krylon/Rusto etc

 

Only got bagged once by Loss Prevention but the homies got popped and I made it out. 

  • Like 1
  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

We used to do something similar - get the dollar Walmart chrome/gold/black and scan the barcode. Print a gang of them out and go back into the store and put them on Krylon/Rusto etc

 

Only got bagged once by Loss Prevention but the homies got popped and I made it out. 

 

Now that self checkout is a thing, I could see how this could work.  Come to think of it, I wonder how many people do this now?  

  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 12:05 AM, ndv said:

 

Now that self checkout is a thing, I could see how this could work.  Come to think of it, I wonder how many people do this now?  

I do this shit with my ex-girlfriend Sherry at Walmart and that other grocery stores at the self check out The trick is to have a girl with you And put as many cheap items in your cart as possible Also place a cooler in there Look for an aisle before you get to the self check out and stick as many things as you want inside of that cooler make sure that the cooler has a price tag label outward so that you can use the self check out gun then take the scan gun up off of the register scan the cooler The cooler never has to leave the cart And there you have yourself about 15 to 20 cans for free I am a big jew so  I always return the cooler to a different Walmart

 

Edited by Steel Schnauzer
  • Like 1
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...