80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

9 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

I went and found these advertising images of my first car recently, as it was an 86 Camira.

So thanks to "Ra" the God of the Sun for letting me ride (Maria) Camila aka "Cami" the love of my life so I could be the real life "Guile" (JCVD) who got Cammy (Kylie - the Australian icon) as the main protagonist of the Street Fighter movie as my reality.

I didn't mean or intend to turn her inside out so that she became iMac, but shit happens you know?

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg

I used to have one of those for about two months in 1998 - dead set the biggest piece of shit car ever!

The speedo needle went to about 40 nicely then bounced up and down until you got to 80 when it worked fine again.

hooray for no firm idea what speed you're doing.

• Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

I used to have one of those for about two months in 1998 - dead set the biggest piece of shit car ever!

The speedo needle went to about 40 nicely then bounced up and down until you got to 80 when it worked fine again.

hooray for no firm idea what speed you're doing.

Mine was an extremely low km, immaculately kept one in pristine condition my dad bought from my uncle, the only downside/flaw being the ragdoll cat fur on the back seats.It was only used for a  5 minute commute to work or to the shops and back and occassional drive to my aunts.

It was ripe for me to go full "P plater" on it, driving around down the massive hills you have seen in the background of photos I have posted with 5 people and my 100 watt 12" subwoofer loaded bass guitar amp in the boot due to jamming with friends, that burned out the breaks, I accidently put unleaded fuel (I had no idea there was different "leaded" fuel types) n it the first refuel, and put some dings in it as you do when learning to drive as a stupid, careless teenager.

Mine met an unfortunate end, as I was driving home from uni one day only to get rammed up the ass by a Landcruiser at a give way sign coming off Kwinana Freeway around the time they were putting in the groundwork for the Armadale road overpass.

It got written off, I got an insurance payout, and then after being carless for a while, had a work panelvan as I worked for my Dad at the time, prior to stupidly buying one of these badboys and getting into $16K of debt (when I could have bought coastside land for $35K which is now worth $300K).

Can't believe that the car tgat allowed me to say I was "Rollin, in my 5.0" for the better part of 8 years are now going for double what I paid for mine.

image.jpeg.439898fa5c70a498c11e797a4090b5dc.jpeg

image.jpeg.6eda03d57972bfb03a00f63c45a6dfb0.jpeg

Plus the colour changing paint colour they used on the VS SS was the best Commodore colour ever used in my (somewhat admittedly biased) opinion.

This is what mine initially looked like, just lowered with 15% green/black tint that matched the paint, with the previous owner having (shittily) painted the centrecap Holden lions in white with red so it looked unique (and admittedly, they should gave come from the factory this way) to the rest of them on the road.

That was prior to awakening early one rainy Tuesday morning after a long weekend public holiday Monday,at my ex gfs place in South Perth only to find my rims gone and my car on bricks, which forced the upgrade to 17" VT Clubsport rims with wider tyres.

Cost me all my savjngs at tye time as maintaining and fuelling the 5litre on the minimum

wage slave job I had at the time was an effort as 25% of my $430/wk wages was going to pay off my debt I had stupidly financed at a 16.5% interest rate in another stupid impulse decision and want to get a nice car, as most 20 something males probably do.

image.jpeg.a89e4ec7b31fd0b46151f384dd951fc9.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 2:16 PM, nicklesndimes said:

IMG_20230722_004612.jpg

my house had one similar that was custom built into the book cases that went round the wall. 

felt good saying goodbye to it in the renovation592083877_ScreenShot2023-07-24at12_02_43pm.thumb.png.b2b2ec54ad767fe86198cba41fe02191.png

On 7/22/2023 at 2:38 PM, fat ralphy said:

remember those early days - you had to beat your shit using the family computer haha

most sensitive part of your body was your ears in those wildly exposed days

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

Just now, Schnitzel said:

@ndvyeah think it was built by an amateur

looked impressive with my book collection in it but didn't inspire confidence

I am just messing with.  I can't say much.  I built a drawer for the gf and the thing closes but nuts up at an angle.  I'll have to snap a pic of it next time I see her.  Mr. Yuck, Lugr and a few others will clown me but it's what I get for building a draw on a not flat surface without proper tools.  I tired best. 

• LOL! 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, fat ralphy said:

remember those early days - you had to beat your shit using the family computer haha

If kids of today only knew jJaja.

Oontz has been poppin off the past few days as even though I have had a heap of free time, I have been struggling to keep up with all the new posts being made here, even if it is mostly by the core people here, it’s great to see such activity.

Now carry on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

coworker and I were just laughing about how difficult it used to be or how desperate you would be for jack material back in the say - jacking to mervyns catalogs, the swimsuit issue, jazzercise tapes haha

these kids are spoiled

Pin en 80's vintage lingerie

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i did the same. stuck my finger right in while waiting in the car lol

my current vehicle(it's a 2005) has an outlet for one, but not the plunger...so i stuck a power adapter in. better use, imo.

16934952167676397543313723299941.jpg

Did that shock you when you finger banged it?