80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Seen this guy out with his wife, both looking happy knowing they are ridin mint.  You could definitely tell looking at his face he was definitely proud of the car.  I remember when some people would buy these and the 355 kit for it.  

It was awesome to see this classic out and about.  Probably the only 1 in Htown little own being this mint.  Come to think of it, I should have asked him how many miles are on it.  

20220826_175204.jpg

20220826_174846.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 8:38 PM, LUGR said:

Carrying a JanSport or Eastpak backpack on one shoulder.

One of my biggest regrets. I carried my Jansport backpack on my left shoulder through junior high,  high school, and college... in junior high our lockers kept getting broken into so they just stopped having us use lockers.. imagine being 12 or 13 and carrying 5 heavy books on one shoulder. I have a fucked up left shoulder because of this.

• Truth 1

7 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i think i had this one too...at the end of side a, it would make a noticeable clicking sound and automatically switch over to side b.

fuck yeah Auto reverse was the shit.

there was a guy I knew stealing these from the warehouse in sydney so I had multiple of walkmans like these in mid to late 90's

image.png.2a6e3389f23e9613a9f70c4c02829db7.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

i've actually never seen this music format before..

It may have not been widely available in the States? I have never seen actual albums in minidisc format. When I had mine, I only had blank discs that I would make mixes on. It definitely didn’t catch on, I went back to discman’s for many years after I phased minidisc out of rotation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LUGR said:

I have never seen actual albums in minidisc format. When I had mine, I only had blank discs that I would make mixes on. It definitely didn’t catch on

I think there were only ever a couple hundred legit releases on MiniDisc.

The whole thing definitely didn't catch on in the states but was quite popular for years in Japan and Europe.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...