Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

80's-90's MEMORIES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair enough. But now I have to explain why I was being a pussy. You’ll laugh because the hair ain’t the worst  but that five head!!  Oh my.    Reality is - it was a time when I was physically a

Posted Images

ayo fist good looks on that link - i had kinda thought even @ that age that there was something abnormal about the white doodoo. but @ least now i can do some proper research and make my hypothesis based on the information herein. i'll venture the guess that cirrhosis can be crossed off the list of possible illnesses a five or six year-old may carry.

also, broke plenty nba jam backboards in my day. wasn't that hard if i recall correctly.

ShawnKemp-breaks-backboard-on-horacegrantandscottiepippenNBAJam.jpg

shawn kemp didn't fuck around, yo!

just found the name of a movie (actually one 1hour episode of a tv series) that I watched when i was 7 years old (27 years ago..back in 1987).

the movie was called 'double agent' and starred Michael McNeal.

i've been looking for this movie for years and the only detail i could remember about it was that the main character was a spy and he used to carry around a cigarette case filled with red licorice.

we never had those giant rubber balls, but parachute days were fun too. except that was way more of a communal, help hold this part of the parachute thing. nothing wrong with that, but those wheelie boards are basically crude skateboards & anytime they were allowed, people just went all out on them. one of those rare candy days that gym didnt suck.. dodgeball days gets another honorable mention too

in "PE" (what they called gym in my day)

there weren't ropes, parachutes or giant rubber balls.

this was our only 'game' ..and it wasn't fun for me, it was just abuse

dodgeball.jpg

Anyone else play Kick Back or Backstop back in the day during PE/recess/lunch?

Kick back - two groups of kids kinda far apart facing each other kicking a bunch if soccer balls back and forth through the air, trying to catch the balls coming at you from the other team. /nohomo

Backstop - two kids facing a baseball backstop taking turns kicking a soccer ball at the back stop until the ball makes it past the other player. Hitting it off of the cross bar or side bars was the way to go for a solid bounce. Hitting the fence part of the backstop didn't make the ball travel very much.

Goddamn those were the days.

BNH i haven't heard of those games. or foursquare. i know that as a website

we played some kickball but mostly tag, hopscotch and shit like that.

in high school we moved onto slaps (slapjack) and egyptian ratscrew

we never had those giant rubber balls, but parachute days were fun too. except that was way more of a communal, help hold this part of the parachute thing. nothing wrong with that, but those wheelie boards are basically crude skateboards & anytime they were allowed, people just went all out on them. one of those rare candy days that gym didnt suck.. dodgeball days gets another honorable mention too

Sucks you missed out on the hoppity bounces. They'd get tiring after about 5 minutes and you'd end up dropping them for one of the 'scooter' boards anyways.

Yo, I just remembered we used to make trains of the boards too grabbing other people's handles. Nh was fun tho.

Dodgeball sucked in elementary school was ok in middle school and the best in high school.

I remember one time my boy that was a star baseball player was whippin balls (again nh) at like 90 mph, and hit this chick dead in the stomach and it echoed throughout the whole gym. Had she been pregnant, instant abortion.

Good times.

in "PE" (what they called gym in my day)

there weren't ropes, parachutes or giant rubber balls.

this was our only 'game' ..and it wasn't fun for me, it was just abuse

Why does everyone hate dodgeball? Was fun af. Everyone takes a ball or two to the face at some point but it's just part of the game. I was mostly always catching anything someone threw at me.

Four square was also a thing.

Didn't they used to play that on recess?

Also in hs we used to play this version of kickball that one of the teachers made up at another school called matball, with all the gym classes at once where you pick a partner, you only get one out for the kick, and you run around the diamond twice. I started out hating it but then it wasn't bad.

they never had ropes in any of the schools i went to.. always just assumed it was a tv thing. who here had ropes at school? that shits cool. cool school, bruhs

had to look up what egyptian ratscrew was, never heard of that or the games boats mentioned

four-square was always fun as fuck.. if my friends agreed to getting ripped & playing that again, id be down

We played a hybrid dodgeball/soccer game on those square rollerboards, except you had to use your hands obviously, was fun when you took everyone out and you start gunning the goalie nonstop

Also in hs we used to play this version of kickball that one of the teachers made up at another school called matball, with all the gym classes at once where you pick a partner, you only get one out for the kick, and you run around the diamond twice. I started out hating it but then it wasn't bad.

another thing i liked about all those little games with the boards & the red rubber balls - different teachers had their own games & shit.. twas one of the rare times they got to really decide anything/stir up creativity, & it usually turned out ok

different versions of dodgeball too, kings cross or whatever

Sucks you missed out on the hoppity bounces. They'd get tiring after about 5 minutes and you'd end up dropping them for one of the 'scooter' boards anyways.

Yo, I just remembered we used to make trains of the boards too grabbing other people's handles. Nh was fun tho.

Dodgeball sucked in elementary school was ok in middle school and the best in high school.

I remember one time my boy that was a star baseball player was whippin balls (again nh) at like 90 mph, and hit this chick dead in the stomach and it echoed throughout the whole gym. Had she been pregnant, instant abortion.

Good times.

missed out on said bounces for sure. over here, we just had balls bouncing in the middle /nh like popcorn, or the teacher would tell everyone to lift the parachute, go under, & quickly bring it back down once inside, effectively making a hut of some sorts for about 10-15 seconds. an overtly pussified game haha. guess shit was only fun because parachute days were rare.. still better than soccer & shit

just liked dodgeball since day one, idk. vince vaughn ruined it, but yeah

genuinely laughed at the echo & the instabortion part. an additional app for instagram - the instabortion. available at h&m

Why does everyone hate dodgeball? Was fun af. Everyone takes a ball or two to the face at some point but it's just part of the game. I was mostly always catching anything someone threw at me.

imagine some intense gym teacher, just renaming dodgeball to "life" :lol:

"sir, my ear is bleeding profusely."

"thats life, son"

slaps his own knee & just leaves