80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^my wife has to occasionally use one of this vintage at work because she copytypes up writings for an old lawyer who still uses one.

He cant do much beyond type it so she has to format it etc. But the guy pays so well they trawled markets looking for one just strictly to use for him.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lord_casek said:

I would totally play every system in that picture, but it would be hard to concentrate in all of that clutter. 

I recently bought one of those 3rd party systems that plays both nes and snes games and the nostalgia wore off really quick when I realized 1.) How fucking hard those games were 2.) What a shitty pay off it was when you beat the game and its just a congratulations screen and 145 minutes of credits.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

^^ not laughing at you, it just sounds funny 

he’s right though. as a kid i didn’t have the money to buy a new game every other week. wtv i had or id rented that weekend was what i had to play. endless time to memorize the patterns. nowadays i don’t have the time or the patience to play stage 1 36x until the pattern recognition kicks in and you can beat the level with enough credits to have a shot at the next one. not enough space in the carts back then to make longer games so they artificially inflated the length with difficulty. 

retro games are great but they’re a brutal time sink. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...