80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

we never had those giant rubber balls, but parachute days were fun too. except that was way more of a communal, help hold this part of the parachute thing. nothing wrong with that, but those wheelie boards are basically crude skateboards & anytime they were allowed, people just went all out on them. one of those rare candy days that gym didnt suck.. dodgeball days gets another honorable mention too

Anyone else play Kick Back or Backstop back in the day during PE/recess/lunch?

Kick back - two groups of kids kinda far apart facing each other kicking a bunch if soccer balls back and forth through the air, trying to catch the balls coming at you from the other team. /nohomo

Backstop - two kids facing a baseball backstop taking turns kicking a soccer ball at the back stop until the ball makes it past the other player. Hitting it off of the cross bar or side bars was the way to go for a solid bounce. Hitting the fence part of the backstop didn't make the ball travel very much.

Goddamn those were the days.

BNH i haven't heard of those games. or foursquare. i know that as a website

we played some kickball but mostly tag, hopscotch and shit like that.

in high school we moved onto slaps (slapjack) and egyptian ratscrew

we never had those giant rubber balls, but parachute days were fun too. except that was way more of a communal, help hold this part of the parachute thing. nothing wrong with that, but those wheelie boards are basically crude skateboards & anytime they were allowed, people just went all out on them. one of those rare candy days that gym didnt suck.. dodgeball days gets another honorable mention too

Sucks you missed out on the hoppity bounces. They'd get tiring after about 5 minutes and you'd end up dropping them for one of the 'scooter' boards anyways.

Yo, I just remembered we used to make trains of the boards too grabbing other people's handles. Nh was fun tho.

Dodgeball sucked in elementary school was ok in middle school and the best in high school.

I remember one time my boy that was a star baseball player was whippin balls (again nh) at like 90 mph, and hit this chick dead in the stomach and it echoed throughout the whole gym. Had she been pregnant, instant abortion.

Good times.

in "PE" (what they called gym in my day)

there weren't ropes, parachutes or giant rubber balls.

this was our only 'game' ..and it wasn't fun for me, it was just abuse

Why does everyone hate dodgeball? Was fun af. Everyone takes a ball or two to the face at some point but it's just part of the game. I was mostly always catching anything someone threw at me.

Four square was also a thing.

Didn't they used to play that on recess?

Also in hs we used to play this version of kickball that one of the teachers made up at another school called matball, with all the gym classes at once where you pick a partner, you only get one out for the kick, and you run around the diamond twice. I started out hating it but then it wasn't bad.

they never had ropes in any of the schools i went to.. always just assumed it was a tv thing. who here had ropes at school? that shits cool. cool school, bruhs

had to look up what egyptian ratscrew was, never heard of that or the games boats mentioned

four-square was always fun as fuck.. if my friends agreed to getting ripped & playing that again, id be down

We played a hybrid dodgeball/soccer game on those square rollerboards, except you had to use your hands obviously, was fun when you took everyone out and you start gunning the goalie nonstop

Also in hs we used to play this version of kickball that one of the teachers made up at another school called matball, with all the gym classes at once where you pick a partner, you only get one out for the kick, and you run around the diamond twice. I started out hating it but then it wasn't bad.

another thing i liked about all those little games with the boards & the red rubber balls - different teachers had their own games & shit.. twas one of the rare times they got to really decide anything/stir up creativity, & it usually turned out ok

different versions of dodgeball too, kings cross or whatever

Sucks you missed out on the hoppity bounces. They'd get tiring after about 5 minutes and you'd end up dropping them for one of the 'scooter' boards anyways.

Yo, I just remembered we used to make trains of the boards too grabbing other people's handles. Nh was fun tho.

Dodgeball sucked in elementary school was ok in middle school and the best in high school.

I remember one time my boy that was a star baseball player was whippin balls (again nh) at like 90 mph, and hit this chick dead in the stomach and it echoed throughout the whole gym. Had she been pregnant, instant abortion.

Good times.

missed out on said bounces for sure. over here, we just had balls bouncing in the middle /nh like popcorn, or the teacher would tell everyone to lift the parachute, go under, & quickly bring it back down once inside, effectively making a hut of some sorts for about 10-15 seconds. an overtly pussified game haha. guess shit was only fun because parachute days were rare.. still better than soccer & shit

just liked dodgeball since day one, idk. vince vaughn ruined it, but yeah

genuinely laughed at the echo & the instabortion part. an additional app for instagram - the instabortion. available at h&m

Why does everyone hate dodgeball? Was fun af. Everyone takes a ball or two to the face at some point but it's just part of the game. I was mostly always catching anything someone threw at me.

imagine some intense gym teacher, just renaming dodgeball to "life" :lol:

"sir, my ear is bleeding profusely."

"thats life, son"

slaps his own knee & just leaves

Idk man, there was something special about being under that parachute. I remember thinking, "I could live under here"

Always had love for dodgball too but the quality by school ranged. Never had the chance to play it at my first elementary school and at the second it sucked. We played in this stupid circle and it was just dumb.

I liked dodgeball the movie. As far as vince Vaughn goes

Never had intense gym teachers like on tv but could imagine.

When was PE not called PE?

Never heard of candy days at school period.

Yes to backstop, didnt fuck with fourscare, mostly only saw girls playing it.

Parachutes were on hit.

Dodgeball till the day i die.

Yall had experience with a gaga pit?

School-GAGA.jpg

It came around my school in like 97. I dont know what the actual game was but all we would do is get in it and fight.

• Like 1

dodgeball was a sanctioned way for bigger, stronger kids to menace little ones, both physically and mentally.

Idk man, there was something special about being under that parachute. I remember thinking, "I could live under here"

:eek:

:cool: sort of know what you mean about that

Always had love for dodgball too but the quality by school ranged. Never had the chance to play it at my first elementary school and at the second it sucked. We played in this stupid circle and it was just dumb.

shit, they made me square dance with the whole class in grade school for a couple years.. not like every full gym class for said years, but partially, per semester. not like i remember any of it, but yeah

fucking square dancing

I liked dodgeball the movie. As far as vince Vaughn goes

hahaha. he was funny in old school, but thats one of the few movies where all those posse fucks are actually funny in. not gonna disagree with what stewie said at the end there

Never had intense gym teachers like on tv but could imagine.

all my gym teachers were pretty laid back. except this one lame piece of shit. the only reason i call him a piece of shit is that he cheated on his wife (who was preggo at the time) with another teacher in the school. bitch was hideous too, just like her personality. then dude tried to take a moral highground against me/teach me some skewed lesson by having me stand outside one of his full classes for like 3 days, yelling at me in front of his other students in the beginning of said classes, then leaving me there to "reflect". my teacher agreed to it too, without even knowing the full story. retard

which was just that his cow-licked faggot was giving me shit for no reason (one of his students), so me & my high school friend (this may or may not have been in grade seven or eight) caught him slipping after school, threw him on the ground, then beat him down.. not even for like 10 seconds. of course, kid snitches the next day. in retrospect, should have just handled that alone, but you know - how when youre a kid & your older friend offering to basically beat a kids head in for you sounded like a pretty good deal

same teacher also taught history, but only because he had to. you could really tell that this adult idiot was fully just spewing loose translations of whatever he read the night before, between hockey game commercials. retard #2

When was PE not called PE?

Never heard of candy days at school period.

Yes to backstop, didnt fuck with fourscare, mostly only saw girls playing it.

Parachutes were on hit.

Dodgeball till the day i die.

Yall had experience with a gaga pit?

School-GAGA.jpg

It came around my school in like 97. I dont know what the actual game was but all we would do is get in it and fight.

Fuckin hell, that is very clearly agladiator pit purposely built for children.

I love it.

that fightt pit reminds me of the snow forts we use to build in elementary school. We would gather snowballs and just pile em up on top of each other in the shape of a circle. High enough so we could jump off leaping at people wrestling ring style. this one kid got his earring ripped out one day and it turned the snow fort red. That was the end of the Snow Fort royal rumbles.

during recess in my elementary school, 4square was mostly played by girls.

we played some dodgeball, and a game called "double dodge" which was like dodge ball on steroids and was played on a full court basketball court.

we also had a game called "butts up" which i dont remember the rules too.

kickball was something we played every once in a while during recess, but was played all the time during p.e...we also had something like kickball in p.e. that we played with a raquet and tennis ball...kinda like baseball but with tennis equipment.

i remember a phase where everyone played soccer for about a month during recess.

for me, recess went something like this:

1st grade-4th grade = all about hand ball

5th grade = tetherball

6th grade = all about basketball

in elementary school i was a lot taller and stronger than pretty much everyone in my grade, so i dominated in all of these games.

• Like 1

Butts up was the shit ^

Free reign to peg the fuck outta people with a tennis ball

These games were great as a kid but could cause some hospital time now as grown men haha

We had a couple games we would play in the big ass apartment complex I grew up in. Shit was one of those deals where you had to have a minimum of two kids to be able to live there. Summers were dope with all us kids roaming around.

Ditch- hide n seek but with two teams. Would play throughout the entire apt complex going in trees and shit. Then moved onto other apt complexes. Eventually ended up playing in Home Depot climbing shelves and shit haha

British- kinda like Red Rover, Red Rover but everyone would run to the otherwise at once and you had to tackle them instead of tag them. So you focus on one kid running across, tackle him, the. Both of you are in the middle.

We'd also have Pinecone wars

Then the Xgames came around and everyone starts skateboarding, bmx, rollerblading etc.