80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
What does nostalgia mean/do to you all? I feel weird looking at this thread, all my childhood memories flood in with the late 80's early 90's toys/games/movies. In one way it's kinda nice but on the other hand it gets me all upset and reminds me of some of the fucked up things that happened when I was younger... I dunno anyone else tie nostalgia with depression or is it all "The good 'ol days" to you?

Honest response would be greatly appreciated, and I'll drop some gems in here later.

Best times of my life ^^^, wouldn't have traded it for a fixed life...

Bio summed it up for me wishes

Best times of my life

lots of fun with choose your own adventures, but there weren't enough options sometimes

What does nostalgia mean/do to you all? I feel weird looking at this thread, all my childhood memories flood in with the late 80's early 90's toys/games/movies. In one way it's kinda nice but on the other hand it gets me all upset and reminds me of some of the fucked up things that happened when I was younger... I dunno anyone else tie nostalgia with depression or is it all "The good 'ol days" to you?

Honest response would be greatly appreciated, and I'll drop some gems in here later.

for me, i don't really get nostalgic. it is only memories of a time gone by.

my formative years were difficult, lots of hard times. looking at this shit though, in no way makes me sad or upset. going through the crap i dealt with as a kid made me who i am, and luckily i guess, it wasn't so painful that it destroys me. i am not a person who wishes to return to my teens, or college, or any time. i'm ok in the present, probably because i didn't listen to what society dictated for life's blueprint, and followed my own entirely. there are no 'good ol days'

depression is another issue for me, unrelated to a time or place. plenty of mental illness in my fam, 3 of 4 great grandparents on one side committed suicide. it's just part of life for me, and not part of age or era

• Like 1