Production Low...

ShortFuse

SO my life blows at the moment. productivity is at an all time low. Very rarely do I finish a "project" so to say. I have a lot of ideas in my mind by yet nothing, bleh!. I dont know if maybe Im focusing to hard to nail that style with my art, I know style is something that can take forever and it sucks because Im trying to find that mix of things I love to create and put it into one. Painters Block..... Basically Im looking to see what everyone else does when it comes to a blockage of creativity.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

stay off the internet and away from magazines, try to get other ideas from natural forms in life/living

when i want to get into the ''zone'' i try to not look at other ppls work because if you like it sometimes it will rub off on you and you wont even notice it.

i guess what im trying to say is just have fun lock yourself away and do your thing

Yeah true. I just moved to another area and its cut back on the amount of distractions I have. I thought this would be for the better, maybe its too soon to tell. I try not to view too much of other peoples art for that reason....I dont want it to rub off on me. Oh well in due time I guess. Thanks for the posts.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel ya. Ive been pulled every which way. Ive turned my back on a lot of things and headed back to Ceramics which I think was the last place I was happy and creative. Graff has made me want to always incorporate letters into everything and really that constant thought has become an annoyance. I love letters what can I say but I wish for once theyd be out my freakn HEAD!!