so i illustrated a book...

yinz n'at

i posted a thread about this a year or so ago but in the crash or 09 i think it was lost. when i posted the first thread i didnt pay attention very much, so ima try it again.

last year i spent a few months illustrating a book called alphabetastics, which is comprised of my script style lettering A to Z. ive been trying to figure out ways to make dough off of this since then. i get them printed fairly cheap from an old job and they look hella sharp, perfect bound and glossy cover. here are some examples from the book any suggestions as to getting aid a shitload of money for this would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks....

-dannyinzer

cover sans govt name

alphacover-1.jpg

E

e-1.jpg

P

p-1.jpg

T

t-1.jpg

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im thinking about sticking to self roduction honestly, ive sold 300 in a year which isnt bad, i have lots of art shows and move them pretty easily. if im ever short on rent or bills i sit in a trendy area smoke cigarettes and sell em, the problem is recently ive been far to busy for that.

i wanna move enough to get 2 months worth of money up so i can not work and make another book, wouldnt even be close to the concept of this one but more or less a book of collage work that tells some sort of tall tale, i got storyboards done for it already.

best bet it to make one in adobe reader, with a water mark on everypage, protect your images

then put a pot of coffee on

then stay up all night e-mailing different publishers

your bond to get atlest a few responses.

id also go to your local book store like barns and nobbles or boarders and right down the publishers of all thos stupid pairs street art or sticker graff world books. they be into the idea, just gotta find the right publisher that will front the money and resources to get the book out there you guys just haven't found each other yet so get looking

alot of my freinds are having kids, this is something id deff see myself buying for them

wow, thank you guys for the suggestions alot of good stuff for me to try. im getting a spot at a mall kiosk with other artists i work on murals with 20 feet away from tiffany's so im sure to get some business doing that, i wanted to remain self published but seeking a publisher may be the way to go.