How do you wake up in the morning

AnUpsetStomach

alarm goes off, but i set it early on purpose so I turn it off and wait 30 min for next alarm. Then take a shower, brush teeth, shave, get dressed. maybee facebook and oontz like illstate if time permits, but usually doesn't. Then hop in the ride and take sister to school then go to the korean or indian mart and get an Arizona beverage or redbull if I have mo change. Then I either cruise down this alley and smoke behind these nice houses, or go straight to class.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had sleep issues since I was a little kid that have affected every facet of my whole life. From 4th grade to the end of my Associates Degree I never made it to school less than 20 minutes late. Then when I started working, I was fired from every job I've ever had for being late.

Now recently I've been killing it in my new job for over a year. Once in that whole period did I have a day where I woke up 2 hours after I was supposed to and was totally late. That was like 7+ months ago. Well today, I woke up on my couch at 1:30 PM after I had to be there at 11:00 AM. I must of fell asleep on the couch last night when I got home from work and I was dipped out straight into this afternoon. I was supposedly woken up numerous times but have no recollection of it. I almost shit my pants when they said "take the day off unpaid while we review this and we'll give you an answer by the end of the day." I fucking bust my ass for these people, stay at LEAST half an hour late every night working - sometimes over an hour and a half late. There are people that I work with that do NOTHING, at all, but don't get any type of trouble about it. Then me, who fucking kills shit and has gotten multiple promotions in the short span of his career and does everything in his power to produce quality work consistently and help out anyone who asks. I'm accidentally late by a couple of hours because of a fucked up disorder, and it is the end of the world and they are ready to throw me away.

I realized today, how terrifying it is to have one part of your life that is able to systematically destroy every other part of your life if it goes sour. Without my work's insurance my numerous meds would go from a total of $200 a month to about $1000 a month. I would have to sell my beautiful car. I would have no internet in which to accomplish my financial goals through. We'd have to sell our home. And most of all I would lose a job that isn't too bad and end up with some piece of shit replacement, if I was LUCKY. I wouldn't have a badass position that I excel at and am respected for.

So I'm feeling kind of fucked up at the moment. I need to somehow figure out a way to wake up better. I'm on a 90-day probation and if I fuck up then my ass is booted and all my hard work will have been for nothing. There is always some type of bullshit waiting to threaten my life no matter how much good I try to do.

I am going to buckle down, get there early every single day, and keep on my grind. There is no other option than to achieve my goals and have my own sources of income. The day that I can get rid of the job without it negatively effecting my life and just get money under my own terms will be the most joyous mother fucking day EVER and I will just be stuck in a permanent full-body orgasm. That day is what I live for and why I continue to breathe.

TL;DR sleeping and waking up is like a roll of the dice for me and scares the fuck out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say habit.

i'm 33 and i've had a M-F 9-5 job for quite a long time now. after awhile, even though it still blows, i got used to it. of course i gotta have a strong tea cuz i hate coffee. and a lil tiny bit of weed.

i used to have a serious problem waking up on time. very serious. i slept through some important stuff and did lose a job over it.

but around age 28 i just started waking the fuck up when i needed to, internal clock sometimes.

Neighbours wake me at around 5-6.30, I get up and swear at them. From about 7-7 .30 is shower time followed shortly by coffee time and finished up with a sprint to the traino.

I hate mornings, magpies nest right outside my window, neighbours who have no respect for the people living around them and fuck people who put the milk carton back when there's like 10 mils in there. Fuck

how the fuck can you lot smoke green just after getting out of bed?

are you all teenagers (well part from symbols) with no jobs / unemployed / students?

shit, there is no way in hell i could wake up at 8am, smoke a spliff and then go work a ten hour shift.

I havent seen a MORNING in over 6 months....that being said,i get up around 2 pm.STILL ANGRY IM UP THAT EARLY.usually i smoke a bowl then try to go back asleep.either way when i do get up, i shower n do the teeth thing.by then my phone's usually both goin off like sum crazy bitch.which means its time to start my day/evening.Ive already made my mind up im not workn for all of 2010.just do my fuckin thing.

wake up at 10am roll over for a half hour get up then take a smash head down stairs take illadelph outta freezer put on price is right then smoke wiith my new fat friend friend drew carey while watching thinking about how much better bob barker was then shower blaze some more get dressed grab the daily greens then head out around 12 30 for breakfast.....my life kicks fucking ass

im supposed to be at work for 7, i have one of my 3 alarms set for 6:45 the other 6:50 and the other one 6:50 all at seperate parts of my room. i usually shut 2 off and hit snooze on 1 til 7:30 every morning. then wake up rushing out the door. sometimes i don't brush my teeth til im at work with my finger no homo.

I used to wake up at 2 or 3 pm at the earliest in my early to mid twenties.

I now need an alarm clock, two calendar reminders on my cell phone that go off every five minutes and the three alarms on my cell phone; all of which I snooze intermittently for roughly a half hour. I'm up at 530 am. I have to shower in the morning no matter what. It's my coffee.