THANKS GIVING MEAL COUNT DOWN THREAD!!!!111!11!!111

Manute Bol

catskill-mountains.jpg

leaving Brooklyn for the catskills, got a cabin rented out with a pool and a basketball court!!

We got loads of champagne, expensive booze, and it's gonna be a smoked turkey(which I prefer).

and, as the tradition goes, Thanksgiving is the only holiday that I indulge in smoking weed since the great quitting of '06.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 50million

oh yeah weed! i forgot!

so my huge italian family rents out this huge house right on the beach in aptos/rio del mar (santa cruz). its fucking swanky as shit. we get a deal on it because we've been renting it out for over 40 years. its worth a few million.

its pretty much my favorite place on the planet. all my family goes, and i usually surf.

since ive been working at a grocery store though, i cant go all week. which sucks....but im grateful for it anyways.

we usually all cook, but this year we are getting a pre made meal from whole foods. its actually cheaper this way. since we are italian we have an official thanksgiving dinner the day after. we make cioppino.

IMG_0064.JPG

PS - fuck some pilgrims. we celebrate our friends and family on thanksgiving, not white people who didnt discover shit and proceeded to kill and rape Indians.

cioppino.jpg

i'm going to spending my thanksgiving with my favorite person in the world - my uncle. the entire day is going to consist of us eating pretty much everything with my grandmother, and talking shit on everyone else in the family. we have a HUGE family, but my grandmother doesn't actually allow any of them except my uncle and myself to go to her house to eat, ha! then directly before/directly after thanksgiving dinner, we'll proceed to smoke quite a bit and relax until i need to drive home. getting stupid stuffed-full is so much better if you're not drinking. i can't take a 15 hour nap because of turkey and beer. for some reason weed won't put me to sleep though..

we usually all cook, but this year we are getting a pre made meal from whole foods. its actually cheaper this way

Cheaper or not, that is fucking BLASOHEMY. My parents have started taking us out to eat for holiday dinners over the last few years, but I straight up will not allow it for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

"Oh Mom has to work? That's cool, I'll cook dinner. Yeah, no worries, don't call the restaurant, I got this"

taking the man to the rents' house down in virginny. got him a new polo sweater just for the occasion.

his parents are vegetarians and british ones at that so he never got any of the good turkey day stuff growing up.

my father is a chef so we will be doing it right with turkey, gravy, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, corn pudding (sounds disgusting but is actually just a kind of corn quiche), greens, french bread, fried oysters, candied yams, cranberry pudding, pumpkin ravioli, a couple of nice bordeaux, and all that jazz.

it's also pop duke's 51st bday so i am sure there will be cake in addition to pumpkin, apple & cherry pies, a la mode, natch.

YUM.