OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

coffie crave 7

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call bullshit on the majority of people claimin they have OCD and ADD/ADHD.

ive been diagnosed clinically with all of those things and if some of the stuff that these people are describing are real then its possible that they do have OCD to an extent.especially with the counting and the sidewalk thing DAO described becuase those were things i did on a daily basis.but mine actually affected my life becuase if i didnt get do these little rituals and shit then i would get very very frustrated and it was almost painful.i would go out of my way to do these rituals or whatever you call it.if you get to that stage it can screw with your life to an extent.

The fucking door locking/wondow locking/burners off/candles out routine that takes anywhere from 3-20 minutes, before i go to sleep, depending on if i skip a step. If i fall out of order, i have to start from the beginning.

oh and that stupid counting thing. to be exact..fingers and toes on people/cartoon charactors...

at least my kid has stopped touching the floor of EVERY new room/place she enters. she didnt realize she did it, but it took a while to convince her how NASTY floors are. welcome, germaphobe now. haha

One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her.

AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.

I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order.

She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks.

Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.

She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that.

I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal.

Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

so, i can some what relate.

/ Yes cool story bro!

I hope you get better. I wish you the best

Edit/ Listen to MedicineCabine <---- yes appropriate screen name.

As much as I hate it, I can relate to you on this

My ex had HORRIBLE anxiety, and also massive self esteem issues, and alot of that is what controlled our relationship

I love her to death, but I don't know if it will ever work

As much as I hate it, I can relate to you on this

My ex had HORRIBLE anxiety, and also massive self esteem issues, and alot of that is what controlled our relationship

I love her to death, but I don't know if it will ever work

Probably not.

Sorry bro, i feel your pain. NH

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason, I can't stare at sharp objects or corners of tables. My eyes start to hurt and I usually have to rub them or look away.

It feels like my eyes are overfocusing or something. Anyone have this, or heard similar stories?

yeah this happens to me with shiny things or metal things. my forehead feels weird and i have to furrow my brow (never used that expression in my life) and i feel better.

its only sometimes so i just try to get over it.

one of my childhoods friends cousin has ocd. i went to high school with him. he was just a normal kid growing up, we all used to hang but then he got chronic fatigue, missed half a year of school, got diagnosed with psychotic tendencies or some shit and developed ocd. i remember being in class with him and at the end of the lesson he'd stay behind and he had to re arrange all the tables and chairs. with his locker lock he had to lock and relock it 5 or 6 times before he could leave it, then took a few paces back, looked at it and had to do it again.

it was painful to watch, i wasn't close with him in highschool but i remember distinctly catching him one time after school, he was at his locker and he couldn't see me. he did his locker thing and banged his hand on the locker and yelled "I DONT WANT TO FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE. WHY DO I HAVE TO" i just saw this and bailed. i didnt want him to see me.

shit pretty much ruined his life, he dropped out of school, couldn't do his job anymore and all kinds of things. haven't heard anything about him in years. poor kid.