OCD and other bullshit ruin your life?

coffie crave 7

i dont know if i have ocd isnt ocd like just being neat? im no where near neat and clean but i do need to have things in order small to big or big to small i also have this problem thats been with me my whole life i always gotta do weird shit in order or i think somthing bad will happen. like if i pick up a rock and throw it but the same time i throw it i picture my friend dieing in a fire or something i will have to pick up the rock and re throw it, like i control what i think comes true, its so hard to shake too, ill read a whole paragraph on something say for 12oz for instance and ill have to re read it a few times for good luck.

im 25 now and i delt with this but its getting worse.

anyone have this issue? or something like it? did u over come it?

i know im gunna get alot of jokes but im hoping to get atlest some serious feed back.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like mild OCD to me

I never have anything like this, I used to have this weird repetitive colour symbol matching with noises thing I used to do in my head while I was a teenager otherwise I couldn't fall asleep but I associated that with drugs more than anything else and I certainly dont do it anymore.

There's different degree's of OCD.

I have that shit to an extent, but I wouldn't say tht it fucks up my life.

Sounds like you have it a lot worse than me.

Just man up and control yourself. When you catch yourself getting carried away with thinking and doing stupid shit like that, just tell yourself to stop being an idiot.

That's what I do.

i do some stuff a cetain amount of times cuz i think naw that wasnt right, but its nothing crazy and noone notices.. i dont think about it and concentrate on the outside world more..

if you constantly think about it, i believe, it will get worst. if it isnt a huge problem then ignore it.everyone is different

i dont know if i have ocd isnt ocd like just being neat? im no where near neat and clean but i do need to have things in order small to big or big to small i also have this problem thats been with me my whole life i always gotta do weird shit in order or i think somthing bad will happen. like if i pick up a rock and throw it but the same time i throw it i picture my friend dieing in a fire or something i will have to pick up the rock and re throw it, like i control what i think comes true, its so hard to shake too, ill read a whole paragraph on something say for 12oz for instance and ill have to re read it a few times for good luck.

im 25 now and i delt with this but its getting worse.

anyone have this issue? or something like it? did u over come it?

i know im gunna get alot of jokes but im hoping to get atlest some serious feed back.

i feel ya

once, i ran back to my place after walking 2-3 blocks, just to make sure the stove was off

the fucked up part is that i did not even use it

since then, ive tamed it quite a bit through willpower

still, i struggle with this on a daily basis; its no longer as bad as how you described your case, but i still check locks 2-3 times etc, shit like that

its going to be hard, but just keep reminding yourself that its all in your head

only you can help yourself, good luck

a full blown case of OCD is pretty a sad/freaky thing to witness, dont go there man

One of my ex girlfriends has OCD and it was really tough for me to live with it for a period of my life when i was with her.

AT first, thought it was all bullshit and that she was complaining and acting crazy for nothing.

I have never dealt with anything like that before with anybody close to me, i did not know how to react. Then i seen her first hand and realized it was no joke. Shit got real messy at one point and we split up. She got even worse and went through intense psychiatric therapy but she never took pills. Eventually she was able to suppress it and control it to some extent. Her OCD was peculiar since it was not common symptoms like doing things in order.

She had that aswell but she also suffered from thinking too much, over analyzing tings to a point of panic. She also has crazy nightmares and nightly panic attacks.

Shit is no joke and i kind of regret ignoring it when it first appeared.

She was my first and only love and its shame that it went down like that.

I still seen her since and we have had little moments but it never went back to normal.

Shes a great person and i feel really bad that she has to deal with that for the rest of her life.

so, i can some what relate.

/ Yes cool story bro!

I hope you get better. I wish you the best

Edit/ Listen to MedicineCabine <---- yes appropriate screen name.

As long as it dosent stop you from living in anyway its nothing to be too worried about.

I wouldnt say its uncommon either ... We are a panicky animal, and all those years lived in panic by our ancestors have left something embedded in our genes. It seems to be easy for our minds to run off on tangents and not let up. You have more control over your mind than you give yourself credit for. Step up and talk yourself through each occurrence and you might find they are coming up less and less.

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b642MPgR4QU

I have OCD, mild tourettes, and A.D.D which I blame for fucking up most of my life so far in terms of making freinds when I went to school being social etc.. it FUCKING SUCKS!!!! knowing I can't do shit about it but take my meds daily. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell that noone understands I used to daydream hella about shooting up my middle and highschool (still do) when I went there because I felt like I could never connect or relate to people and alot of people ignored me I felt like such a loser I still was cool with alotta people there but outside of school had not much of a social life only thing different now is highschool is behind me. people that don't have shit like this don't know how good they got it. Oh how I wish I was normal, (whatever normal is) sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill slightly lol but enough of my ranting.

I have OCD, mild tourettes, and A.D.D which I blame for fucking up most of my life so far in terms of making freinds when I went to school being social etc.. it FUCKING SUCKS!!!! knowing I can't do shit about it but take my meds daily. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell that noone understands I used to daydream hella about shooting up my middle and highschool (still do) when I went there because I felt like I could never connect or relate to people and alot of people ignored me I felt like such a loser I still was cool with alotta people there but outside of school had not much of a social life only thing different now is highschool is behind me. people that don't have shit like this don't know how good they got it. Oh how I wish I was normal, (whatever normal is) sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill slightly lol but enough of my ranting.

whoa dude relax

i think you have an issue connecting with people cus maby you just haveing found ppl like u to connect with, im very closed minded and only have / hang with a certain group of people its good not to be freinds with the whole word, but i woulent get all angry over it

yeh i try real hard to be like ''yo your stupid'' stop washing your hands 4 times.

but its hard cus my mind is soo set on if i dont do things right whatever im worried about will come true.

But you're smart enough to know that nothing's really going to happen just because you break your self imposed superstitions though, right?

I don't know if this shit runs in the family or not, but apparently you might be born with it.

Cause I was walking with my 3 year old son the other day on this weird sidewalk and I caught him going out of his way to make an effort to take two steps in each tile and to not step on the cracks.

I remember doing that when I was a kid too.

• Like 1

i do that shit all the time, or i'll time it so that my toes always line up right before the crack.. jesus fuck. now im sitting here thinking of asll the weird paranoid shit i do, you people are starting to make me think im psycotic.

i just figure myu mind is restless and im always making something simple into something more, like i cant just simply walk down the street, i gotta hit poles, fences, newspaper stands, that whole tile/crack shit.. kick rocks, cans. i can hardly ever leave a bottle unsmashed..

i cant just simply walk down the street, i gotta hit poles, fences, newspaper stands,

LOL Me too!!!

Shit, half the time I've been popped writing on shit, I wasn't even bombing. Just instinctively getting tags on shit walking too and from wherever.

I don't know if that counts as being related to OCD, but I definitely can't leave the house without something to write with.

Damn... maybe this shit does fuck up my life to an extent. :biglaugh:

• Like 1

I don't know if this shit runs in the family or not, but apparently you might be born with it.

Cause I was walking with my 3 year old son the other day on this weird sidewalk and I caught him going out of his way to make an effort to take two steps in each tile and to not step on the cracks.

I remember doing that when I was a kid too.

i still do this!

i also do this weird thing where i count the letters or syllables in words and sentences to see if there are even or odd numbers of them.

also sometimes like type things out that i'm thinking with my fingers on my palms, just when i'm walking or on the train or something.

i think it's from playing piano.

i'm not extremely neat and i don't have to have things in order, but sometimes i just get urges to do strange, random things.

when i was a kid it was a lot worse.

I definitely have this obsession with everything being in even numbers.

And with shoes having to be right next to each other as if there's someone standing in them with their feet together.

I sometimes catch myself doing this to other peoples shoes when I'm over their house and I'm like "what the fuck??? stop being an idiot!"

Sometimes I even get on my wifes ass about her leaving her shoes laying around all hap hazard and not paired up the right way. I'll half jokingly be like "you're fucking with my OCD boo, you know I hate that shit!"

My son is on this too, cause he puts his shoes away the same way I do.

Like this:

[ATTACH]123582.vB[/ATTACH]

sheltoes.jpg.6de08bf017010b77abf0e991d79e1acf.jpg

something weird i ALWAYS do..

my buddies stairs to his apartment are outside, and they go up, turn and go up again and turn, but at the bottom theres this like weird little like corner/cut that when walking down them that i always feel like someones gonna be standing there. if there was, you wouldnt be able to see them at all, so legit, everytime i walk down these kids stares, i always hold my keys like im gonna shank someone and jab up in the corner like right where someones chest/neck/face would be.

not that theres any real reason, but i have shitloads of weird shit i always do like theres someone waiting to get me. but i can say it has definitely prevented me from at the least being robbed, several times haha.

something weird i ALWAYS do..

my buddies stairs to his apartment are outside, and they go up, turn and go up again and turn, but at the bottom theres this like weird little like corner/cut that when walking down them that i always feel like someones gonna be standing there. if there was, you wouldnt be able to see them at all, so legit, everytime i walk down these kids stares, i always hold my keys like im gonna shank someone and jab up in the corner like right where someones chest/neck/face would be.

not that theres any real reason, but i have shitloads of weird shit i always do like theres someone waiting to get me. but i can say it has definitely prevented me from at the least being robbed, several times haha.

^One of these days another homie or dudes chick are gonna happen to be coming around that corner and you're gonna instinctively punch them in the face with those keys.

^One of these days another homie or dudes chick are gonna happen to be coming around that corner and you're gonna instinctively punch them in the face with those keys.

haha im always afraid of this, but its not like its just a simple corner someone could be standing in, if your there, your definitely trying to hide.

edit: i HAVE to fall when i skate, if i havent eaten shit atleast like 5 times in a hour of skating, somethings wrong and i stop skating cause i get nervous. its like a percaution of getting to comfortable or something, cause everytime i have like really, really good days, i end up getting hurt the worst. so i dont know if thats some sort of subconcious percaution moreso than some sort of OCD, but.

as a result some parts of my arms have like 7 different shades of skin, haha.