MITSUWA.

allfreetime

Always behind the times, I just found out about this place. I plan to take a trip to their NJ location soon.

Does anyone else go to this place? Worth a 4 hour trip and $8 GWB toll?

Mitsuwa1.jpg

HOMEPAGE

Found these photos while searching for Spaghetti Sandwich:

208754435_6725075b5f.jpg

208754402_8b3b53cbb5.jpg

208754144_48782a65d0.jpg

208754228_114b588eef.jpg

208754349_0bfdd18e92.jpg

208752979_20bbca4332.jpg

^ That was all fake food but it looks good.

Que first and fail.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i love mitsuwa. i used to live literally 1 block away from one...

for those who don't know:

its just a japanese super market - which translates to japanese treats, foods, drinks, alcohol, and other misc. items. since this is a japanese market, this also means expensive. like 10 dollars for dove shampoo expensive.

the food court is bomb tho.. i love the katsu stall and santoku ramen stall. i'm not sure if the food court has the same food stalls in every mitsuwa, but the food is good nonetheless

if u want cheap(er) asian snacks, hit up a korean market.. like shrimp chips at a japanese place (or even a albertsons or safeway) would be like $1.99 for a bag, where at a korean spot would be like 3/$1.50

the spot thats near me, has a bunch of random stores, including a big book store - for those who want to get the hella jdm anime fix

if u want cheap(er) asian snacks, hit up a korean market.. like shrimp chips at a japanese place (or even a albertsons or safeway) would be like $1.99 for a bag, where at a korean spot would be like 3/$1.50

when I was on the west coast, for all japanese products this was reversed. Korean stores gave the japanese stuff the ill mark up, Nijiya or Mitsuwa had better prices.

I heard there's some small japanese grocery way outside of philly, but I haven't been yet

when I was on the west coast, for all japanese products this was reversed. Korean stores gave the japanese stuff the ill mark up, Nijiya or Mitsuwa had better prices.

I heard there's some small japanese grocery way outside of philly, but I haven't been yet

??? this isn't my experience, as i still live in so cal lol maybe were u north of me? but korean spots

are the jump off for cheaper prices.. including fresh vegetables and what not.

side note: i went to some chinese noodle house in philly (chinatown) where the hand make their noodles. u can watch them make it while eating..twas pretty cool

there's a place in OC taht i know of that makes soba noodles and udon noodles like this..flinging it in the air and what not