new interpol album

Abracadabra

Interpol haven't released a new album since 2007's middling Our Love to Admire. Since then, the members of the band have been pretty busy with extracurricular activities: singer Paul Banks' solo project Julian Plenti, bassist Carlos D's short film, drummer Sam Fogarino's band with Swervedriver's Adam Franklin, Magnetic Morning.

Now, Fogarino tells Paste that the snappily dressed NYC brooders spent spring 2009 recording a new album, which is due for release via Capitol early next year. According to Fogarino, the new LP will recall Interpol's debut album Turn on the Bright Lights, Pitchfork's #20 album of the decade.

The band recorded the album at New York's Electric Lady studio, and they've focused on returning to the stuff that people loved about the band in the first place. Fogarino says, "The new record falls back towards the first. In trying to move forward, there was an unspoken realization that you can't let go of your sonic-defining tag. There was an effort in Daniel [Kessler]'s guitar tone; he rediscovered it playing in his loft space for a year without anybody. The quality of that tone, played in a big room, is just beautiful. It creates an atmosphere ... That big wash of reverb? It's back."

Fogarino also tells Paste that the band doesn't have any illusions about the relative wackness of Our Love to Admire: "[The album] was not our most cohesive moment … It was when reality kicked in as to where we were and where we were never going back to." Perspective!

source

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
what pisses me off about the band more then their pompous attitude is their fan base, i feel like these nerds know someone who knows someone who knows a band member and they act like they are part of some entourage, and they are in the know. I felt like a jerk at the concert despite the good show.

at the show i went to i was actually surprised that it was nothing like you described. i expected way more snooty music snobs and fashionistas, but it was actually a good mix of just regular ass music fans

saw them live years ago when they were touring with the cure

despite their repetitive chord progressions, theyre catchy as fuck & i like them

was that for that "Curiosafest" they had in like '04? I caught that tour, it was pretty stacked

Interpol put on a good show, Robert Smith gained like 300 pounds. He should take some aging lessons from Thurston Moore.

dude this is getting weird lol i was at that show too, totally forgot.

ward island during icahn stadium construction, the girl i was with at the time wore high heels... on a grass field, so like a dick i was stuck in the same spot for the entire time. cure did "100 years" they never do that live, good show too, i dont even remember interpol though

was that for that "Curiosafest" they had in like '04? I caught that tour, it was pretty stacked

Interpol put on a good show, Robert Smith gained like 300 pounds. He should take some aging lessons from Thurston Moore.

haha yep, that was it

the cure put on a kickass show with an encore

even as someone whos not a huge patron of live music (i dont dislike concerts, but i only bother going to see bands that i take to heart), all the bands on that tour (including the ones i dont like) put on a enjoyable show

paid for a lawn seat & snaked our way into great seats towards the middle ;)