Taking Pictures Becoming Insignificant??

Seffiks

i take pictures for me, not to fucking please or piss off anyone. i've taken pictures and collected them in photo albums since i was a child. i like hard copies, i love polaroids, i made cameras out of oatmeal boxes, i like digital cams, i like them all. i take tons of pictures for the day in thread but at the same time you guys dont get to see others i shot along with those and the uncensored ones. i've become way too busy and lazy to post flicks on myspace on facebook with a quickness. pictures i take are not for the sole purpose of facebook or myspace or even 12oz, if this is the cse for anyone, you need to go get a fucking life and some real life friends outside the internet.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you are gonna do something mad boring at least try to make it look interesting.

Sometimes contributing just to contribute, you better off not contributing at all.

but doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of your average day in? i dont go to "cool" places on the daily, i dont go to museum every weekend, i dont go on hikes every week, i do however live life everyday and i thought that's what pistol wanted.

tweaking your flicks making it look all cool gets people calling you a hipster faggot, posting average shit gets people calling you boring. really who the fuck cares, you just do you and make yourself happy doing it.

but doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of your average day in? i dont go to "cool" places on the daily, i dont go to museum every weekend, i dont go on hikes every week, i do however live life everyday and i thought that's what pistol wanted.

tweaking your flicks making it look all cool gets people calling you a hipster faggot, posting average shit gets people calling you boring. really who the fuck cares, you just do you and make yourself happy doing it.

Out of all people, you probably do the most activities from what i can see on that thread.

You and Mercer where the reason i started posting.

IDK, i try to make it interesting for the people who follow the thread.

I know what you are saying about Pistol wanting it to be straight up - this is what i did today-

But with the amount of people posting on that thread now, it gets kinda boring, like Boats was saying, you are walking your dog, who gives a fuck!.

I don't remember who the oontzer was, but the post was all flicks of his pit-bull in different locations and i thought it was actually pretty fresh.

So you can make walking your dog a worth while post if you wanted to.

I dont care if people call me a hipster faggot because i actually tried to take a nice shot for them to enjoy it in the first place.

Im a hipster's nightmare, i rock baggie clothes, diss them all out with no shame and probably take better flicks with my point and shoot then they do with the latest SLR mommy got them.

guess what??? im gonna flick the pugs all day one day just to piss you off, teehee.

LOL

You are missing the point.

It wont piss me off, specially if it looks cool.

I actually enjoy your pug flicks.

And my offer still stands, get PUG LIFE tatted on your belly, i will pay for it!

I think It's a case of we can all see too much now.

I miss the days when you had film and you'd get to a wall and think

"right I have 5 shot's left plus maybe one hidden at end of roll"

"7 pieces on the wall now prioritise"

"Okay 4 Dmote piecs they all get one shot, the Sach get's the last definite shot and the other two pieces get the 2 in 1 if there's film left shot"

you'd think everything out in advance and put in way more effort with your composition because you want to get it right.

and when you did the family/crew/ friends type things they were so much more valuable because you had to wait for developing and if the shot was crap you couldn't redo the moment.

oh well.

going for a biscuit and a sit down to rest my weary old bones

• Like 1

Digital cameras have ruined the house party. I can't get drunk anymore without some cheap fuck stalking around with a camera.

and then it looks like all you do is act a drunk mess.

motherfuckers face books have 800+ photos of just them, smiling at different parties.

who the fuck cares?

my twitter is linked to my facebook, my facebook to my gmail, my gmail to my android mobile device, which is connected to all of those plus another email, flickr, google voice, pandora, digg, my bank account, my callender, my craigslist acct, myspace, and like twenty other things.

my digital life has begun to take precedence over life in real time.

its sad, and I want to step back and focus on goals and shit, because all of this CAN BE useful, but more likely its just going to distract you from getting what you want.

• Like 1

embrace the future. that WAS the point of the picture. but now that you can take a bajillion throughout the day and upload them in 3 seconds it is no longer the same animal.

it has become just another way to completely document your life along with facebook, twitter, flickr etc.

cant change, wont change, future boys for life.

Personally, I hate looking at boring ass commercial photography done by professionals.

I like the fact people look through viewfinders and now notice just how dope shit can look around them.

Who gives a fuck if they aren't Ansel Adams, of course most regular people suck.

95% of any creative genre is garbage not worth looking at, art, photo's, even graffiti.

Day's in Pies still = best thread in channel zero.

i have been having this arguement with myself for ages now....good to see it pop up on here.

i could probably fall into the catagory that is being described here. i mean my days in pies posts (or when i used to post there) could probably come across as pretty mundane, but to be honest i was just doing what the thread asked. my day, in pies.

i dont post all this shit on the net all over. its pretty much solely reserved for 12oz. i use facebook, but only as a host for the flicks. its set to private on fassybook so none of my real life friends can see them only people i dont actually know on here can. which is pretty wierd now i think of it....

i cant go back and quote it, but what jackson said on the 1st page can be said of me. its creepy, but we sound very similar. carrying cameras for years shooting life itself. ive always had a plan to collate all the photos ive taken over a period of years and make a book out of them. do a series over decades so i have something to show kids and grandkids and what not years down the line. can you imagine how good it will be to relive old memories when your 50+ of your life as from a kid to where you are then.

shit, show me any picture i took and i can probably tell you where i took it, whats going on, who was out, the weather and everything from the time...

• Like 1