Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seffiks

Taking Pictures Becoming Insignificant??

I read this quote on another thread and it really makes sense,

I think I burnt myself out on shit like this. For a little while at least. I think my life is too connected to the internet. All the time motherfuckers are like "let me take a picture so I can upload it to facebook"

The picture has lost its significance to the upload for some people.

Useful though.

People take all these damn pictures throughout the day, and they think oh I will post them up on facebook/twitter/ whatever and tell you to check them out.

Truly I could give a fuck-less what you seen in a day, a bird on the pole, a bug in your soup, or a bum eating soup with a bug in it where bird flies down and eats the bug and pecks the bum.

"It happens rarely" and if everyone takes a picture of all there rarities throughout life then it loses its significance.

The point of a picture is to capture a part of life that only happens once or twice a year or even a lifetime. And then share them many years down the road to look at and reminisce with family or friends.

and to add, No one cares if you got poop on yer shoe, or there is a crack on the sidewalk, how much paper you have on your desk at work ( its work dumbass) quit posting stupid ass pictures.

I would post tits but I would like everyone to read this.

we will keep it PG

3.jpg9.jpg11.jpg

• Like 2

The point of a picture is to capture a part of life that only happens once or twice a year or even a lifetime. And then share them many years down the road to look at and reminisce with family or friends.

Damn son, get out of the 19th century. Things have moved on.

Also, avoid 'day in pies' thread.

soldierAndFamily.jpg

this is a common trait for anything that people get desensitized to. unfortunately, i feel like this is more than just a passing fad, people are going to be doing this for YEARS, and eventually, a large percentage of people are just going to delete their facebooks/whatever because they're so damn sick of it.

if anything is overdone to death, it cheapens it. music, movies, fashion, and unfortunately now it's affecting other things. the internet has killed a lot, and now it claims another victim.

Digital cameras have ruined the house party. I can't get drunk anymore without some cheap fuck stalking around with a camera.

yeah something that bugs me is when people who are no more than 'acquaintances' start taking photos of me on a night out. doing that 'facebook pose' where they hold the camera and point it at us both.

i realize that this probably makes me sound uptight like Rain Man or something but fuck it. i find it awkward and dumb. why do they want a photographic record of people they barely know? in some cases i had not even spoken to them prior to their attempt to get a photo - the fuck? its only started happening in the last couple of years. sole reason: facebook/internets.

Digital cameras have ruined the house party. I can't get drunk anymore without some cheap fuck stalking around with a camera.

yeah this is a worry for me, although i tend to take my own camera to remember where i've been.

apparently someone has a photo of me drinking cider from a wellington boot...

i agree with you, but fuck it, it's not worth getting pissed off over, people are stupid and they ruin everything good.

Am I the only person that just cant be bothered to carry a camera around with me? Sometimes I go places and make a mental note to take some flicks to share, but I just stop giving a shit almost right away and dont even bother.

camera is for graff. i don't take pictures of people, mostly because my camera needs flash to take a non-blurry picture but the flash ruins all the pictures anyways. last pictures i really wanted to take were in high school. last year the only time i was happy i had a camera was for graffiti, this one 2 foot snow we had, and when i cockblocked my friend wearing a scooby doo costume.

i would also like to add this is the single least likely thread to have tits, and i definitely just opened it in class and scrolled slooooowly past those melons up top without realizing it until too late. three or four attractive girls sit behind me..

/just became a pervert to them oner. great.

I always carry a camera, regardless, and I don't count my mobile phone.

But that is because I always have, and I always probably will, I have been taking pictures and looking at things since I was about 12, and have been carrying a camera as a habit since I was 16/17 about 8 years.

Apart from the people who I know who take pictures, nobody takes fucking pictures. People have cameras and act like they know about photography or whatnot, but those cameras never leave their cases. Girls carry cameras to take facebook pictures but their cameras are in cases at the bottom of their handbags. And if people happen to have a SLR and it is not in a case, then it is most likely switched off with the lens cap on. If I take an SLR out with me it will never be switched off, (the batteries will last for days), and it will be set perfectly for the setting I am in, with the lens cap off, cocked and ready to BANG.

Having a snap camera in clubs is LoL though but I rarely take pictures of people who ask me to, or if I do I will just point the camera at them without looking and shoot them. I treat my little lumix like a side arm for popping off niggas like this:

2876057818_c98eb1eed5.jpg

hey isnt polaroid film extinct?

i think i remeber hearing about that last year, thats sad

They stopped producing it. So the stocks that are still around are expensive as hell. But an independent company is working to reproduce the Polaroid instant film and selling it again so it doesnt go extinct.

i'm into pictures of everyday type shit.

think about it: the pictures from 1927 of the street you grew up on are dope to look at and are filled with value on a personal level.

i try to keep that in mind when out and about with my soul taker.

landscapes change

as do people.

so saying that "capturing an image of someone is not a 'rare occurance' type shot" is a flawed statement.

I dig seeing what other people see, not necessarily the narcissism that's come with things like Myspace and FB. I know a lot of women who just fucking love flicking themselves nonstop.. I get it.. You can make faces for the camera.. Bugs me, but I get a lot more out of what they see and how they see it.

It could easily be said that books make so many things insignificant. Photo books as well.. I guess, I don't know. I never went to college, so I'll that up to you smart people to figure out.

this is the time of everyone getting their 15 mins.. it was promised and its here.of course photos and videos would be a part of it.i think the photo mos def. is overlooked for what it is and meant to be,but it means different things to different people. i know some folks who take pics all the time just to capture moments with their friends and family and they have a SHITLOAD of flicks stored on computers. its really just what you do with it. some peoplecould care less and take pictures cuz they are bored. very little people appreciate the moment and for those people, its still the living art,past time.

the still image is definitely on the way out - not completely - it will still be a niche market, and i think in an increasingly digital world classical works of art such as paintings and lithographs will become more prized as objects of value. So yes, eventually in the future regular old paint and ink will be replaced by super thin LED panels, but there will always be a regard for classical 2d still imagery

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now