wage garnishment, fuck you

Knee Grow Please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 50million
Did you get a subpoena in the mail that you ignored? Did you go to court for this? They can't garnish anything without a court order.

Go to the court and file a writ of denial, tell them that you have no knowledge of this debt and you'd like for the loan company to provide proof that YOU took out the loan, an application with your signature, a canceled check from a previous payment, etc...

Also tell them that you were never served with a subpoena.

The judge will give them 90 days or so to provide the court up with proof, during that time they can't touch any of your money and if they can't come up with sufficient proof it gets drops and you owe nada.

sounds like a lot of work, but sounds like it might be worth it.

i called the debt collector. they're gonna stop garnishment if i pay them $300 by next friday. it's paid. next week will be the last check they garnish. after that $150 a month in a rehab program for 6 months then it gets dropped to $60

Sounds good to me.