wage garnishment, fuck you

Knee Grow Please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oh yeah, and since you still refuse to accept the fact that I'm always right, here's this for you

"The IRS can intercept any income tax refund you may be entitled to until your student loans are paid in full. This is one of the most popular methods of collecting on defaulted loans, and the Department of Education annually collects hundreds of millions of dollars this way."

Late in the game for this one, but one fun thing is to offer the debt collector super low amounts.

Offer a dollar a month and when they tell you to get fucked respond "So you are refusing to accept payment eh?"

Even more fun if you use a foreign accent when you say it.

Not that I have done this or anything.

I worked for 3 years getting 1099 checks and never saved the money that was supposed to be taken out for taxes. This left me owing the IRS like 3g's which I have been slowly paying off. Even though I am on a payment plan they still sent my new workplace a wage garnishment form and tried to fuck me. This resulted in numerous calls to the IRS and me paying more money so they didn't garnish my wages. This also happened to my old man and they got him good. He now works for like 500 take home a week for the next couple years which is shit for a grown man. Oh yea I havent gotten a tax refund in a few years due to this bullshit as well. You can't fuck with the IRS

ummm... i heard if you make payments on your loans at first when you're supposed to then the interest doesn't build up and fuck you over financially.

we used to garnish wages all the time at the place i worked at this summer. i;m not sure about the subpoenas, but it will fuck you over.

good luck though.. i know this isnt what you wanted to hear

Fucking up on your student loans is a kill shot to your financial future. I do not think that even bankruptcy can get you out of that one.

Go off the radar and work for cash if you need to and have the skills to do so.

hes right

and this is what I do... cell phones in my uncles name and my credit is so bad I cant even get a bank acct

so it finally caught up with me. it took the student loan company 7 years but they're finally garnishing my wages. does anyone know about how to get it reduced? i've also heard at tax time they just keep your whole refund. true?

GUBMENT STOLE MY TAX RETURN? why yes.

GET IT REDUCED? doubtful.

here's what I did. some asshole prick fucker called me one day trying to collect cash on my defaulted student loan. this cunt tricked me into doing a "repayment plan" for $119 a month for 10 consecutive months. best thing i've ever done.

i "rehabilitated" my student loan, got the debt purchased by another private bank after my 10 consecutive payments, and a company called Nelnet picked it up. my payments were lowered to $64 a month for the next bazillion fucking years.

i'll be dead before I pay that off. school is for fools. just get a library card and a mentor.

you can always have a bank account, in britain anyway.

the only bank account i can get is a "provisional" bank acct, where I basically pay 14$ a month.... but I can get a prepaid reloadable visa check card for like half of that...

so I guess I have a bank acct, kinda, but not really

Also a lot of the reason im so fucked was because I applied for a consolidation of debt and was supposed to get an extension. I was told by the consolidation company i was good to go for another 24 months on my deferrance. Turns out they dropped me and never put my shit through, so I defaulted and owe stupid dumb money. Im fucked

This also happened to my old man and they got him good. He now works for like 500 take home a week for the next couple years which is shit for a grown man.

thats called middle class dude, im not sure what neighborhood you grew up in but it must have been pretty nice considering that is around the wage for spouses of what most above average comfortable living american households make.