Pc Vs. Mac

LostInTheMusic

I wouldn't pay more than $800 for a laptop or $500 for a desktop. For that price you can get five to ten times the computing power that you will ever need for consumer applications (and most of those can be done on your average smartphone).

If you want to spend more on a Mac and tell yourself that it's better, that's fine, but unless you do some heavy duty video/design work on your Mac then I'm not convinced. It's more or less the same parts in a nice package with a different (not necessarily superior) operating system.

THIS.

Just spent $500 and got 6GB ddr RAM and a freaking Terabyte of storage with my lovely lil' PC.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Macs are for hipsters.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My first computer was a mac, the super fucking old ones with no hard drive where everything was on the 3.5 floppy

They had a huge edge introducing GUI and stayed a step ahead of PC's for years.

Now, they only cost way more, even video editing is done on PC's in a lot of places because the ram and processing power of macs cost's way too much.

The OS isn't shit when you're rendering thousands of video frames, it's the program used + the hardware that determine the speed.

I looked into buying one recently and could get a PC for less than half with the same hardware plus anti virus software.

Not that I don't waste tons of money on cool shit, I just choose other ways to burn my cash.

I herd that Microsoft owns 30% of Apple. idk if thats true but i believe it.

They make money from the Mac versions of their software but they haven't owned Apple stock in years.

The funny thing is that even though they're competitors, MS makes money developing Office for Apple and Apple makes money developing iTunes and Quicktime for Windows. Strange relationship, but it works.

tablets exist already. mac just filed a patent for a tablet. but if i was gonna get something touchscreen i'd get one of those new asus netbook with the rotatey monitor for tablet writing.

asus-t91-netbook.jpg

bangin.

I guess that makes sense, my experience with sketch tablets hasn't been that great. It just comes off as gimmicky to me I guess, like the majority of the people clamoring for it probably wont use it for graphics/illustration work.

i have a drawing tablet and its kind of shitty to get used to, like the new mac mouse. but i agree, i would not want to draw on the screen. would waaaaaay rather have the 27inch screen rather than the 15inch tablet thingy.

i use both. and enjoy both.

Technologically-Impaired-Duck-DISK-TRAY-WONT-OPEN-SWITCHED-TO-MAC.jpg

I'm more preferential to PC solely based on the money I save by building my own rig. Give me $600 and I will build you a tower that screams. Honestly I'm not sure why more just take the time to research how to build a computer. Way cheaper and you always get more for what you put into it.

Wouldn't mind having a Mac as well.

This is always an on going argument. I think over all the macs are better machines and have less problems yet are extremely expensive. PCs are affordable but come with many issues and problems, unless built well by someone good or yourself they have their limitations.

I mean if your gonna put a Mac against a store bought Dell, Acer, or even certain HPs of course Mac will triumph. If you get a good PC builder to set up all your components right, take the time to optimize in and out, and limit the resource usuages then yes PCs have a chance to contend.

Also though doing a duel boot on a Mac is pretty awesome and they handle it like champs. So then you can have the best of both worlds.