Pc Vs. Mac

LostInTheMusic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

imac24.jpg

i'm sitting in front of one of these right now. i used to be a pc/windows user for a long time, but after inheriting a mac a couple years ago i converted, and now would rather cut my right arm off than go back to using a pc. the mac does what i need it to do and gives me 0 problems while doing it.it's that simple

oh, and this thing fucking rules.

Apple-Magic-Mouse-Multitouch-mouse-use.jpg

took me a day or two to get used to, but once you do it becomes so natural you forget all about it.

i love the trackpad on the macbooks and i was thinking to myself a couple months ago "man, i wish apple would make something similar for the imac" and woomp, there it is

Also there is the extreme price difference for basically the same hardware.

there are plenty of mac vs dell/hp whatever comparison charts out there that show the price difference isn't extreme when looking at similar components. the difference between macs and pcs is that apple don't make $500 budget models for mouth breathers, dell and co do

I just bought the big willystyle macbook pro last week.

I really have no idea how to use anything on it but the thing is really fucking top notch.

Also mac does these "one to one" tutorials when you buy one that teach you how to use it any way you want including any of there software.

I thought that was pretty sick and iv already booked my initial meeting.

I wouldn't pay more than $800 for a laptop or $500 for a desktop. For that price you can get five to ten times the computing power that you will ever need for consumer applications (and most of those can be done on your average smartphone).

If you want to spend more on a Mac and tell yourself that it's better, that's fine, but unless you do some heavy duty video/design work on your Mac then I'm not convinced. It's more or less the same parts in a nice package with a different (not necessarily superior) operating system.

Also, losing half of your investment in the first year when Steve Jobs announces the Next Big Thing/Innovation at Macworld has made me take a dim view of Apple's marketing.

• Like 1

there are plenty of mac vs dell/hp whatever comparison charts out there that show the price difference isn't extreme when looking at similar components. the difference between macs and pcs is that apple don't make $500 budget models for mouth breathers, dell and co do

Also, Apple's warranties are top fucking notch. I don't know about PCs, since i haven't bought one in like 8+ years, but i've never heard anywhere near the same sort of reviews for PC customer support as i have for apple