The Catholic Church

SwampFightOner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When most people get married or die the ceremony is in the church, correct? Even for non-religious people most of the time, right?

This is the same kind of thing, it's just a tradition

Nah not really, I never got married in a church, the actual part of the ceremony in a church doesn't mean anything until you sign the register which you can do at the registry office, no one I know that is married (I mean friends not the older generation) got married in a church. Also the last few funerals I went to were held at the cremetorium which is also not a religious building.

I have never attended a church service, when my cousin got married I was invited but I skipped the church part and just went to the reception party after.

• 8 months later...

Papers of what? Being a godparent doesn't give you any legal rights, it's just being a part of the baptism ceremony.

And my brother's girl is mad religious

Edit: I feel like she's gonna try and cut my throat and replace me as godfather. My brother was in a car accident with the baby in the car a few weeks ago, and even though she was fine, his girl has been freaking out ever since like "WHAT IF SHE DIED AND WASN'T BAPTIZED?!"

growing up with the catholic church made me hate god, people who let god rule their lives, people who talk to god, church, church youth groups, hardcore, and everything that has anything at all to do with christianity. other religions are semi cool in my book, but only because i dont know anything about them

My cousins funeral wasn't in a church (thank God lulz) but some priest still said a bunch of garbage about Jesus Christ when we were at the burial. PUKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hVzhoo5tQ

I don't agree with or believe in Catholic religion, and my Irish Catholic mother is ALL about it. Especially since she went crazy and stopped taking her meds.

So as much as I don't want mt funeral to have anything to do with God and Jesus, it's probably going to happen.

I Spent the first 18 years of my life bein' all religious. I tried to follow all the rules and what not. Organized Religion is gay as fuck. 90 percent of the people there are one sided as shit. I was brainwashed for 18-19 years.

this.

biggest waste of my god damned time (no pun intended).

luckily i got out at 14-15ish

Guest Ginger Bread Man
I'm an atheist, but to play devil's advocate here why should the catholic church let you be godfather? if he's being baptized into the Catholic church then by the church's standards only somebody who is actually a catholic should fill that position. If you werent confirmed, and aren't actively catholic, you dont fit the bill. "Catholic" isnt an ethnic group...you dont get permanent status just by being slightly catholic when you were a kid then completely ignoring the church afterwards.

^^^

All I know is, regardless of how this shit turns out, I'm gonna go to my classes and finally be confirmed.

I don't care about religion, and am not even sure I believe in God all the time, but I do like to uphold certain traditions, which I'm realizing will be impossible unless I handle this shit finally.

My mom deserves that shit. Since my sister got married to a Puerto Rican at city hall, and my brother had a child out of wedlock, it'd make her really happy for me to get married in a church someday.

Edit: Just to clarify, my mom isn't religious either. She was born a Baptist or some shit since she's from VA, but converted to Catholicism at some point when she joined civilization. Either way, I can't remember her ever going to church once in my entire life, she just thinks things like that are nice ha