Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SwampFightOner

The Catholic Church

is a fuckin dick, no homo

As some of you may remember I was really excited to find out my brother was having a kid, because I not only got to be an uncle again, but this time a godfather also.

My Dad has since ruined that excitement for me, by pointing out that the Catholic church won't accept me to stand at a baptism. I tried to counter by pointing out that even though I wasn't confirmed, I was baptized and did make my First Communion, but he said he did that PLUS got confirmed and they still didn't accept him to stand for his goddaughters.

Apparently this is also why my niece wasn't baptized, because her godparents weren't accepted

I guess the solution with my Dad was to have his nieces baptized at an Episcopal church, so maybe that's a possibility for me. Either way, it's fuckin gay

I'm lost as to why you would WANT to do ANY of this.

Not good enough to stand next to someone in the eyes of God? yea, sign me up for THAT heaping pile of guilt.

I'm lost as to why you would WANT to do ANY of this.

I'm not in the least bit religious, but it's expected of Italians to have their children baptized. It's a tradition, yahmean?

congrats on being a godfather and uncle!!

but I agree completely Fuck the church, whether it is catholic or whatever other church it is. Bunch of religious zealots and pedophiles, morally corrupt and neglect religion. I have to admit I fucking hate catholicism -all my aunts and cousins are catholic so I have nothing to do with them

You guys are really focused on the religious aspect of this, when I've already stated it's simply about the tradition as far as me/my family is concerned

I haven't set foot in a church for any reason besides a wedding or a funeral since I was like 12, and I don't think I've ever been to a "regular" church service in my entire life. No worries about me being some religious moron

When most people get married or die the ceremony is in the church, correct? Even for non-religious people most of the time, right?

This is the same kind of thing, it's just a tradition

oh well my bad i just saw "Catholic Church" and didnt read.

and i dont see the signifigance of being dunked under water by some dude that is supposedly "a man of god". it may just be me but i just dont get it. or even why its such a big deal.

When most people get married or die the ceremony is in the church, correct? Even for non-religious people most of the time, right?

This is the same kind of thing, it's just a tradition

yeah but thats only because society says that we came from god and when we leave we go back to god. or something like that.

i think its manly based on the family of the person thats being laid to rest, because if its like a family of full blown athiests then naw they probly wont have their loved one in some church ceremony.

I also forgot to think when posting this thread that alot of you guys don't know many Catholics/only know hardcore freaks.

I'm from RI, which is the most Catholic state in the US. Most people I know are Catholic, whether they're actually religious or not

my fam is catholic so is my girls family so i know a lot of catholics. i just never really got the whole religion thing. maybe cuz its been shoved down my throat so vigorusly.

spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch.

only way I could remember how to do the sign of the cross properly

before entering a Catholic church.

I'm an atheist, but to play devil's advocate here why should the catholic church let you be godfather? if he's being baptized into the Catholic church then by the church's standards only somebody who is actually a catholic should fill that position. If you werent confirmed, and aren't actively catholic, you dont fit the bill. "Catholic" isnt an ethnic group...you dont get permanent status just by being slightly catholic when you were a kid then completely ignoring the church afterwards.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now