DEATH PENALTY

Zoes

I don't get the death penalty, why waste taxpayers money letting some scumbag sit on death row for years.

Get given the death sentance in court, get taken to a room in the back and a bullet put in your head, means a hell of a lot less money wasted on shitbags

You know people do get their death sentences overturned when it turns out they were wrongly convicted, right?

What are you supposed to say when it turns out you executed the wrong guy? "Oops"?

And real talk, I was gonna comment on how quickly they're getting around to offing this dude.

Usually people sit on death row for like 20 years before they get around to killing them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea wrongful convictions are the only thing that puts doubt in my mind about the Death penalty, I certainly think that the death penalty should only be used in extreme cases. The problem is that I don't see being put away for 20 years to be any kind of punishment for the cold blooded killing of someone. If someone murdered someone close to me I would want them to die, I wouldnt want them to be put into prison where they have access to books or TVs or weights or to have a good healthy balanced diet. I'm not saying prison is easy but I do think that some crimes are so harsh that prison life is not enough punishment.

Fuck it if your not gonna kill them with the death penalty then chuck them in a 18th century style stone walled cell no access to the outside world and gruel and stale bread for food, I don't see why we stand up for the human rights of someone who has commited heinous crimes, at some point the crime you have commited negates your human rights.

And people call me a liberal lol

yea wrongful convictions are the only thing that puts doubt in my mind about the Death penalty, I certainly think that the death penalty should only be used in extreme cases. The problem is that I don't see being put away for 20 years to be any kind of punishment for the cold blooded killing of someone. If someone murdered someone close to me I would want them to die, I wouldnt want them to be put into prison where they have access to books or TVs or weights or to have a good healthy balanced diet. I'm not saying prison is easy but I do think that some crimes are so harsh that prison life is not enough punishment.

Fuck it if your not gonna kill them with the death penalty then chuck them in a 18th century style stone walled cell no access to the outside world and gruel and stale bread for food, I don't see why we stand up for the human rights of someone who has commited heinous crimes, at some point the crime you have commited negates your human rights.

And people call me a liberal lol

Death row isn't like regular prison. They basically spend all their time in a small ass cell and only leave it for an hour a day.

Shit's worse than death.

"The United States is one of two remaining industrialized nations to

still use death as a form of punishment. There are approximately 3,000

prisoners currently living on Death Row. No other country in the world

has this many of it's citizens awaiting execution. If you support capital

punishment you support absolute political control at it's sickest

extreme." _Aus-Rotten

Death row isn't like regular prison. They basically spend all their time in a small ass cell and only leave it for an hour a day.

Shit's worse than death.

maybe worse than death, but who gains from their misery? i'm sorry, but if I had a say in it all, we'd have dog shock collars on these folks, making em dig ditches or work in a labor intensive slave camp. /nohitler

death sentence is too sudden, and nobody wins. I'd like it to be more productive. imagine a version of "Dirty Jobs" with death row criminals in place of Mike Rowe. we'd get more accomplished as a society.

No other country in the world

has this many of it's citizens awaiting execution.

the key word here is awaiting, all the other countires will kill you on the spot or in a couple days. here people have sat on death row for years/decades.. bump aus rotten though, coincidently enough i bought a aus rotten cd a long time ago and it came with a small record of Mumia talking about some political shit, i forget what, but it was while he was on death row.

maybe worse than death, but who gains from their misery? i'm sorry, but if I had a say in it all, we'd have dog shock collars on these folks, making em dig ditches or work in a labor intensive slave camp. /nohitler

You do realize that alot of dudes on death row were wrongly convicted, right?

You know that you could easily be wrongly convicted too, right?

That's why we supposedly have laws against cruel and unusual punishment.

I've done alot of reading on Mumia, and it seems that all the evidence pointed to him being guilty, including the gun they found next to him with 5 spent rounds in it.

It seems all of the "evidence" to the contrary are conspiracy theories, and claims that witnesses who are now either dead or missing were lying

Granted, I know the cops frame people and all, but I think the only reason people want to believe he's innocent is because he was supposed to be a "peaceful black activist"

^ I've never understood why people give a shit about Mumia

Isn't it because he had a very dodgy conviction and there is a lot of doubt as to the legitamacy of his prosecution? I used to know more but I forget at the moment.

The problem with death penalty/wrongful convictions is we are supposed to be convicted by a panel of our peers, now we all know how shaky some convictions are and how dodgy the police can be in mounting a case against you, so where do you draw the line, do you say oh well sometimes mistakes are made, or do you go down the line that we can't execute anyone because we don't know how legit their conviciton is, how many criminals claim innocence in prison when they know full well that they did it.

You need to have complete faith in the justice system to have the death penalty, I don't have complete faith in it, but I just hate to think of a pedo just being allowed to rot in jail when there are so many other things that should be done to them.

edit - damn you answered before I did!!!

fuck this is all a bit serious for ch0

I've done alot of reading on Mumia, and it seems that all the evidence pointed to him being guilty, including the gun they found next to him with 5 spent rounds in it.

It seems all of the "evidence" to the contrary are conspiracy theories, and claims that witnesses who are now either dead or missing were lying

Granted, I know the cops frame people and all, but I think the only reason people want to believe he's innocent is because he was supposed to be a "peaceful black activist"

I don't know what kind of cop biassed bullshit you read, but the gun that was "found next to him" wasn't even the same caliber as the bullet that killed Faulkner.

And mad witnesses that were used to convict mumia came forward years later and said that the cops threatened and forced them to lie about what they saw and point the finger at Mumia.

And sometime in the late 90's I remember a former mob hit man came out on his deathbed and said that HE had killed Faulkner, and that it was a mob hit for him not going along with the payouts between the mob and the cops and that the cops were in on it because they were afraid he was gonna rat. But of course the cops refused to even acknowledge the guy for obvious reasons.

The only reason Mumia will never get a retrial is because Mumia's prosecutor was Ed Rendell who was the mayor at the time the mob hit man tried to confess, and who is now the governor of PA.

DAO you're wrong here. He was killed by .38 slugs, and the gun they found was a .38, registered to Mumia, with 5 spent rounds. He was also wearing a shoulder holster at the time, that held a .38. Those are all facts. It's a common myth that the bullets didn't match, based off of a peice of scrap paper that an Assistant Medical Examiner wrote ".44" on. At trial it was testified that this was just an initial guess, and that in fact it was a .38 they removed from his head. The only actual fact that is weird when it comes to the gun, is that his hands weren't tested for gun shot residue

And I'm almost 100% positive that not one witness has ever OFFICIALLY recanted their story. It's all basically people who knew them saying they thought they were lying, etc etc. The closest anyone has come to that is a private investigator claiming to have proof that one of them was lying.

A former mob hit man DID make a claim to have killed him, but not a single witness (on either side) remembered him, and Mumia's own defense team CHOSE not to use the confession as evidence. It was only some time later they tried to use it at a subsequent re-trial, at which point it was too late under some law or regulation

I admit some shit was weird, like not testing him for GSR. I also admit that some shit was probably made up, such as the bedisde confession the cops "heard" him make in the hospital. However, most of the story is twisted up bullshit, and almost all of the evidence points to him being guilty.

I couldn't care less about some dead cop, but it pisses me off how uninformed people are about this case, and how so many people just blindly scream "FREE MUMIA!"

DAO you're wrong here. He was killed by .38 slugs, and the gun they found was a .38, registered to Mumia, with 5 spent rounds. He was also wearing a shoulder holster at the time, that held a .38. Those are all facts. It's a common myth that the bullets didn't match, based off of a peice of scrap paper that an Assistant Medical Examiner wrote ".44" on. At trial it was testified that this was just an initial guess, and that in fact it was a .38 they removed from his head. The only actual fact that is weird when it comes to the gun, is that his hands weren't tested for gun shot residue

And I'm almost 100% positive that not one witness has ever officially recanted their story. The closest anyone has come to that is a private investigator claiming to have proof that one of them was lying.

A former mob hit man DID make a claim to have killed him, but not a single witness (on either side) remembered him, and Mumia's own defense team CHOSE not to use the confession as evidence. It was only some time later they tried to use it at a subsequent re-trial, at which point it was too late under some law or regulation

I admit some shit was weird, like not testing him for GSR. I also admit that some shit was probably made up, such as the bedisde confession the cops "heard" him make in the hospital. However, most of the story is twisted up bullshit, and almost all of the evidence points to him being guilty.

I couldn't care less about some dead cop, but it pisses me off how uninformed people are about this case, and how so many people just blindyly scream "FREE MUMIA!"

It's a known fact that the bullets that killed him were the wrong caliber.

A lot of the main witnesses came forward and said that the cops intimidated them.

And since when do you need a witness to confess to a crime? Especially something as big as a murder?

I'm from Philadelphia and i grew up hearing, reading about and seeing this shit on the news.

No offence doggie, but you probably weren't even born yet when this shit was going on, and were probably in kindergarten when there was a movement to get him a new trial. And it's not like you're some kind of legal scholar (not that I am), but I really don't see you knowing all too much about this other than whatever cop biassed bullshit was passed onto you.

I've read trial transcripts that state that it was a .38 removed from Faulkner's head. That is the testimony of the Medical Examiner at trial, not some "cop biased propaganda"

Being from Philly doesn't make you an expert on the subject. I've done actual research into it, and actually know things about it.

I'm not gunna argue though, since you're relying on your usual "It's common knowledge" stance

I've read trial transcripts that state that it was a .38 removed from Faulkner's head. That is the testimony of the Medical Examiner at trial, not some "cop biased propaganda"

Being from Philly doesn't make you an expert on the subject. I've done actual research into it, and actually know things about it.

I'm not gunna argue though, since you're relying on your usual "It's common knowledge" stance

So you read some trial transcripts from a tainted trial that a fucking shit-load of people from all walks of life and professions agree should be thrown out and done over, and now you're an expert on the case? :lol:

You are from Philly so you're an expert on the case? :lol:

As usual you're uninformed on the subject you want to argue about. I refuse to take the bait this time

Not really, but I'm willing to bet that I know a little bit more about local Philly shit than some 21 year old dropout from RI who wasn't even born yet when this happened and was probably in kindergarten when everyone was trying to push for a retrial.

Don't get mad.

• Like 1

I'm 21, and regardless of whether or not I dropped out of high school anyone who's ever talked to both of us would pretty easily choose me as the more intelligent one.

And I have ONE question for you, before I give up on this thread. If the testimoney of the Medical Examiner that the bullet was a .38 isn't enough for you, what exactly is your proof that it wasn't? And before you even say it, "everyone knows" or "it's common knowledge" aren't acceptable answers.

Seriously DAO, if the ME who performed the autopsy's testimoney doesn't convince you, then what would? How does you or anyone else know any better than him? You can argue all you want that Mumia isn't guilty, but to argue that specific point is fucking ridiculous and shows that you really don't think before typing/talking

And I have ONE question for you, before I give up on this thread. If the testimoney of the Medical Examiner that the bullet was a .38 isn't enough for you, what exactly is your proof that it wasn't? And before you even say it, "everyone knows" or "it's common knowledge" aren't acceptable answers.

Seriously DAO, if the ME who performed the autopsy's testimoney doesn't convince you, then what would? How does you or anyone else know any better than him? You can argue all you want that Mumia isn't guilty, but to argue that specific point is fucking ridiculous and shows that you really don't think before typing/talking

The medical examiner is the one who said it was a different caliber in the first place.

Anybody who knows anything about the case knows that the trial was tainted as fuck.

You know damn well that you really don't know shit about what you're talking about and at this point are just arguing just for the sake of arguing.

I'm 21, and regardless of whether or not I dropped out of high school anyone who's ever talked to both of us would pretty easily choose me as the more intelligent one.

Oh word? Go bump some Gucci Mayne, drink some Coronas asj tiep liek thurss...

No, you're wrong. The ASSISTANT Medical Examiner made a note on a scrap piece of paper that simply said ".44 caliber". That same ASSISTANT Medical Examiner testified in the trial that that was only an initial guess, before they did the autopsy. Both he and the Medical Examiner put in their official report, and testified that the bullet they removed was a .38

You can say all you want the trial was tainted, and I agree to an extent, but don't spout bullshit you can't prove, when I CAN prove my point.

You don't know what you're talking about, and I'm done. For real this time haha

No, you're wrong. The ASSISTANT Medical Examiner made a note on a scrap piece of paper that simply said ".44 caliber". That same ASSISTANT Medical Examiner testified in the trial that that was only an initial guess, before they did the autopsy. Both he and the Medical Examiner put in their official report, and testified that the bullet they removed was a .38

And who the fuck do you think was the one doing the autopsy?

It's really not brain science to figure that in a trial as corrupt as Mumia's was, where the cops forced witnesses to lie, that the medical examiner all of a sudden changed his tune on the stand and contradicted his own autopsy.

:dunce:

Oh word? Go bump some Gucci Mayne, drink some Coronas asj tiep liek thurss...

And the fact that you think what I listen to, what I drink, or how I type when drunk could someone prove lesser intelligence than you only further proves my point about how unintelligent you really are

You amuse me sometimes, but you very often come to a battle of wits unprepared

It's really not brain science to figure that in trial as corrupt as Mumia's was, where the cops forced witnesses to lie, that the medical examiner all of a sudden changed his tune on the stand and contradicted his own autopsy.

:dunce:

I can't keep up with your edits, but how did he contradict his autopsy? As I already stated, the ONLY time it was ever mentioned that a .44 was used was on a scrap of paper BEFORE they performed the autopsy. It was a guess, and an offhand note...NEVER included in the autopsy report

• Like 1