Yo, son how elemental is this?

R@ndomH3ro

I can see your point but most people just wont talk graff cause somehow they think its uncool.

I rather enjoy breaking down graffiti with my peers cause thats what i always have done i have always been a student of the game and tried to put style into words. I think i just take shit serious, cause i respect it. If im going to make this my hobby for the rest of my life and i try to keep up to a decent level of writing. I need to talk about it, and when i get a chance to chill with peers that i respect im going to take advantage of the conversation. Im not gonna be like yo so whats your 401k looking like, have you seen any new movies you can recommend. 90% of writers i have zero in common with and could give a fuck what music they like, what i can relate to them is graffiti. That is the common thread that i enjoy if im around other writers.

But your point is valid i don't talk to my girl about graffiti either, but if i bump into another writer while im out with her, I will always take time to converse and she dont mind cause thats who i am. You know how many times we bump into one of her friends and we got to talk about some bullshit they're into.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more into train culture than graffiti culture, but I still don't like sitting around talking about freights while on a date, although it has happened.

Even though we did go on a date to a freight museum once and it was really awesome.

And it's not that I think it's uncool...I just think that we have had the same conversation about graffiti so many times that there is little left to say that is new.

I mean, how many times can I talk about who first inspired me and how much I hate graffiti from San Antonio or how I think there needs to more wieners in rap paintings.

That isn't the same as you and her engaging in conversation about it.

We both carry mean streaks in our backpacks at all time and most times we go on walks for relaxation, there will be stops to scribble on things and leave little drawings of baby chickens on benches on the side of the walking path.

I've gone on more than a few "dates" that were just beers and then wandering the city doing the crush,kill,destroy thing.

This wasn't that type of date.

This was for us to catch up with each other on how our week had been and make plans for the future.

Same for me as well, I really dont get into graffiti talk cause graffiti was a side bar to the train culture.

That is how it is for most train writers, I never talked graff to most of my friends that write...but more about trains and the train culture. In fact most of the best train writers I know are more train fans then graffiti fans. Instead of posters of rap letters they have posters of line maps and old train paraphernalia.

Diffrent cultures.

Sure.

Unlike other people on here, I could give a shit less if you think I am a hipster.

I could point out all the reasons that prove that I am not.

I could also point out all the reasons that would prove that I am.

I guess in your opinion the fact that I wear tight pants is enough.

But then again, you have never been to Europe and seen how 99% of the people here wear tight pants and it is hard to buy pants that aren't tight.

Probably because baggy jeans do not fit into knee high winter boots that are needed to walk through snow.

That is beside the point.

I'll be a hipster to you.

I'll be a normal person to everyone that interacts with me on a daily basis.

I guess train monikers are totally hipster.

Even though our train monikers are now done on things other than freights because freights do not exist here.

I am not mad.

Nothing said on this site holds enough power to anger me.

I'll be a hipster if hipsters are people that work minimum wage paying jobs, don't do cocaine, don't go to dance clubs, don't shop at American Apparel, and have normal haircuts paired with normal clothing.

I said I was a hipster because in your mind all it takes is to wear tight jeans.

I am not mad.

Nothing said on this site holds enough power to anger me.

I'll be a hipster if hipsters are people that work minimum wage paying jobs, don't do cocaine, don't go to dance clubs, don't shop at American Apparel, and have normal haircuts paired with normal clothing.

I said I was a hipster because in your mind all it takes is to wear tight jeans.

You can't be fucking serious with that "normal clothing" comment.

All of Channel Zero has seen you.

cmonson.jpg

Dudes on here, so you actually take your wives on dates and then proceed to talk about graffiti on the date?

Because you acting like I am wrong for being annoyed that we actually spent our one evening out for the week sitting around talking about graffiti and both of us knowing what each one was going to say before it was even said.

My wife has no interest in graf whatsoever, she thinks I am crazy if I want to go out bombing, I will occasionally mention something graf related to her but she has no interest in it and I can see her eyes glaze over, unless I am talking about one of my few friends who paints then she can relate and is interested, but most the stuff on 12oz she isn't into unless it is stuff in the Abstracts section in untitled.

I prefer it that way, it is my thing and not her's. She likes my sketches and encourages me to do more stuff that is canvas based or something I might get paid for but bombing just doesn't go down too well.

T;6865957']I can see your point but most people just wont talk graff cause somehow they think its uncool.

I rather enjoy breaking down graffiti with my peers cause thats what i always have done i have always been a student of the game and tried to put style into words. I think i just take shit serious, cause i respect it. If im going to make this my hobby for the rest of my life and i try to keep up to a decent level of writing. I need to talk about it, and when i get a chance to chill with peers that i respect im going to take advantage of the conversation. Im not gonna be like yo so whats your 401k looking like, have you seen any new movies you can recommend. 90% of writers i have zero in common with and could give a fuck what music they like, what i can relate to them is graffiti. That is the common thread that i enjoy if im around other writers.

But your point is valid i don't talk to my girl about graffiti either, but if i bump into another writer while im out with her, I will always take time to converse and she dont mind cause thats who i am. You know how many times we bump into one of her friends and we got to talk about some bullshit they're into.

this is real.

i like talking about graffiti to the right kind of people. i love letters, theres nothing i don't like about them. kind of like how some people like maths and how to solve equations, i like words and how they flow and sound, i'll have no problem talking about letters as well as technique or design elements and principles or something as simple as "yeah, thats cool"

bf the way you were random came off at first was "oh we shun talking about graffiti, thats so uncool" then you came out with "we crush stuff with mean streaks sometimes"

i'm not taking a jab at either of you but it sounds like you aren't what you'd call active writers.

what little you know....

but you are right, I am only a freight train guy and I stick to it. Here in Germnaytown there is no freights...and if there are they arent worth writing on cause they go nowhere.

But I was a bit active in my time...in fact I only started the mean streak crush cause I was fiending from not being able to actively paint like I used to...its only been a one year stop for me.

People who know are still catching trains of mine to this day, and I havent been in country for a year.

You are right about me Swindle.

I am not active anymore.

Although from time to time I think it would be really fun to paint, I don't do it.

I've talked to R@ndom before about wanting to get some paint and go out one night and do some stuff, I really just don't want to take the risk.

It was one thing to paint in the states in cities that I know and knew how to get away from the police and knew of spots that had risk but were still fine to paint.

Here things are totally different.

I don't want to risk getting caught by the Politzei and getting beaten and then deported.

And I am not going to just paint legals while I am here.

Plus, I am really trying to start living a new life and get my shit straight and try to cut out illegal stuff as much as possible.

There are things I want to do in the future (that require back ground checks and looking into how I live)..and with having a shady past, I am trying to walk the straight and narrow in hopes that it will show that I am a changed person.

And it's not that I shun talking about graffiti.

I will talk about it to the right people under the right circumstances.

On a date with my husband is not one of those situations.