IRL Facepalm

Eaten By Wolves

Fucking idiots.

So I was getting some grub at DQ the other day, ordering off the combo menu thing, did the get three things for four dollars. So I go to pay to for it at the register and the cashier tells me the total, 4.28, I pull out a five, hand it to her and proceed to inform i have twenty eight cents. While I am counting out my twenty eight cents I can hear her doing some mental math out load trying to figure out how much she owes back. She comes up with the owing me sixty five cents from my five and is visibly proud of her mathletic skills. I hand her my twenty eight cents and she hands me sixty five cents, all the while I have a huge grin indicating something isn't right. She tries to rush me to wait for my food by giving me an order number and telling me to wait over there. I look at her and say "You know I get a dollar back right?" she looks at me like I am insulting her counting skills and refuses to give me my dollar. From where I am standing I can clearly see the manager and yell his name "Phil" because it is on his name tag and I find the best way to get attention is by yelling their name. So he comes over and I explain to him what happened, all the while the girl confident that I was the one who had miscounted but still I can see her going back and reworking the math on a dinky calc., manager hands me my dollar, looks at the girl and shakes his head.

I face palm.

Seriously, young people learn your ass some math skills

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
for some reason in my head the girl behind the counter was black...

While one would expect that from modern day fast food services I can attest that she was white as rice, not the brown kind either. She just sucked at the maths, super hardcore. I think its kind of sad that the retail industry relies on cashiers who rely on a computer to do simple addition and subtraction. People would be fucked if the system is down, essentially "A decimal point, FUCK!".

I worked in this record shop where the manager was a right cunt and treated the staff like shit, so we all stole from him, did wonders for my maths as I had to keep track of which transactions had been put through the tills and which hadn't and had to mentally balance the till float throughout the day, then at the end of the day skim off the money from the till

Ok, ok, ok, you guys have any good face palm moments share em.

I am currently in a transitional stage (living at home) of moving, so I live with my rents. Well last night my mom decided to call my cell phone from the house phone ( why we still have these i do not know) to ask me where the handset for the house phone is at, there is only one handset for the house phone, she was using it....

thats rediculous.. its a shame you cant teach common sense in schools

Guess they missed spelling in your school.

Just today my total was 4.54, and I gave the guy a five and told him I had a nickel. He stared at me and said "That doesn't really help, I was going to give you 46 cents back." I just stared back and gave him the nickel. He was probably around 35 years old.

what do you expect you were at wendy's or whereever the place you were. i didnt really read it seeing as i dont care and im lazy by nature but yeah the bitch is stupid and thats why she works at wendy's.not really news worthy.but i know alot of people like that.you get used to it and expect it everytime you go to the store.fuck living in the midwest.

One of my part time jobs right now is a cashier in the airport.

Throughout the day you tend to get distilled into repetitive motions, almost damn robot mode. Its the same transition each time.

"Hi, will that be all for you?"

*Scan, scan, scan, scan, scan, scan. TOTAL. $45.78*

*Customer hands you $60, you enter $60

(At this point you're mentally ready to finish up and help the next customer)

register tells you what change to give, $14.22

"Have a good day"

REPEAT 17 TIMES IN A ROW

Faces get blurred, customers are the same people. Fat person, black person, hot girl.

You become completely dependant on the buttons and screen to handle numbers for you. So when someone wants to switch up the game after already handing you a bill and you entering it into your new best friend's face, its a bit of a shake to the multi-million dollar mundane routine that you really DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT.

Honestly, you would not understand the droning of computer reliance for simple number tasks if you haven't done this yourself for hours upon hours and moving more bills in a day than your average oontzer sees in a month.

Bum ass graff bang taggers.