Denver

MrChupacabra

After 4 months of living in a city i want absolutely nothing to do with, i flew out to Denver this week and decided to sign a lease for a place today. To be honest, I don't even really know that much about Denver outside of the massive amount of driving around i've done all week and the fact that there are a shit load of great mountains relatively close by for me to snowboard at. But after living in the midwest for my entire life, i figure its time for a change of scenery, and i got a really good deal on an apartment i'm psyched on, which is as good a reason as any to move out here.

So, as many of us do when visiting a city or moving, i'm coming to the folks of 12oz to point me in the direction of bars, record shops, venues, punk houses, restaurants, places to visit outside of the city, etc. I'm only 2 blocks off of Colfax, and less than a mile away from the capital, so i'll have easy access to pretty much anywhere be it via car, bike, bus, walking, etc.

Also, i searched for other Denver threads and the information was minimal and outdated, so spare the "use the search button, you faggot" comments. Or bring them on, since its a free bump.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T;6857957']On a serious note i wouldnt be able to find Indianapolis on any map i thought it was a made up city for awhile. My guess would somewhere near Minnesota, or maybe in Indiana.

/Dumber than a 5th grader oneski

there was rumblings of a dude from vancouver gonna buy the pacers and move em out here.

therefor indianapolis is located about 2 hrs north of seattle.

I might be going out there next month. Well for a day, then we're supposed to be going into the high country to check out the mountains and snowboarding shit. (I don't snowboard, but my friends do; therefore I'll be observing everyone fall on their ass from the comfort of the bar).

I realize this does not help you at all.

• Like 1

T;6857957']On a serious note i wouldnt be able to find Indianapolis on any map i thought it was a made up city for awhile. My guess would somewhere near Minnesota, or maybe in Indiana.

/Dumber than a 5th grader oneski

I don't even think I could find Minnesota on a map.

It's one of those states that you forget even exists till you hear somebody say it's name.

Then you're like "damn... where the fuck is Minnesota even at?"

Denver had a really sick art community at the moment.

For records go to jerrys on colfax, wax trax on 13th, and the new twist and shout/tattered cover on the fax. thats a really great book music spot. Red and black or something is also cool so I have heard.

There are three landmark theaters near you and they all rule. The mayan is the best and everyone and they moms is up in sputnik, so fuck that joint. infinite fun dives on the fax and near there, bar bar for stupid metal fun. warehouses are big out there, and the rule/suck depending on how you feel that night. you can still smoke at paris on the platte. the nuggets are ultimate and mello has a smile that kills millions. larimer/medolark/highdive/ etc. first friday on sante fe is really tight. lots of sick legals though denver just lost one of the oldest running legals in the country. super sad.

clearly i love the city and i miss it every day.

i grew up there, and its a super fun time with more than you'd think.

good museums too.

i miss it so!

denver_downtown_air.jpg

denver1.jpg

34573d1232492098-most-beautiful-major-city-denver-skyline-taken.jpg

• Like 1

i've been/lived all over half way around the world

in and out of denver since 2001

i get fed up sometimes but i don't know where else i would move

one of the few things that kills me tho, no other cities close enough when you really need to break out. just mountains, burbs, college towns and nothing. all of those are fun tho

pbprodo.JPG.233c64c63e0c5b42ac1783660c74856e.JPG

peebag.JPG.0110b12198b08077999382e0ed92d7f5.JPG

trspb.JPG.09619e2106abb55aff95fc7624b5fdef.JPG

goodpbag.JPG.4ac9f8ade46ca8586a82506f38ad5798.JPG