How many kids actually..........

Boring Bastard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I use to know our Yard Master and was good friends w/him. He'd take me into the engines and we'd chill all day. He'd pick me up in the morning and I'd just go to work w/him. He got transfered a few years back. I also know this guy who's my friends step dad, he's a switcher for CSX. I was over at my friends place and he was like "Yeah my dad's droppin by. He works for CSX" and when he came over we talked about the railroad and the local lines in general. All while he was taking hits off a bong. So that night he was wroking at the main yard and let us follow him up there and chill w/him all night durring his shift. He also let us paint and showed me some flicks he had taken of some wholecars. His favorite in his collection was that Battleship one. But usually it's the ole greet & toss-I mean wave & pass.

Yo im not a big rail fan but i have always been intigued by them. I was just wondering what "hump" means when talking about trains.

Anyway my only story is thit. One of the first times i walking down a line me and a friend were about 5 feet from the nearest track and a worker drives up in his blazer. I was about to freak cause id never been approached by a worker nonetheless been down there. But he just rolls up and asks if we are ok. And then suggests that we stay off the tracks and back a few more feet cause the trains come through pretty quick. But he was hella nice.

Guest esoteric

Moving over to focus on freights,

Hey first off I wanna say that its cool you guys are so chill in this forum... so many writers are fuckin assholes especially in forums. I have been piecing walls for about 4 years and don't totally suck by now. But down here the walls are wack and I'm sick of schlepping roll paint to dumb spots that always get dissed by dumb crews, toys and gangs. Fr8s are the next logical step for graff and seeing how I live in Santa Fe, there's gotta be some yards near here. I hit my first two boxcars last month while in CO. I stayed off the numbers and everything, didn't leave a trace besides my pieces, and I just wanna know from some veteran freight painters about any other yard etiquyette, terminology, and rules I should obey. Just want a few tips for a newly converted fr8 painter. My first piece on a frieght rolled before I could even finish the outline!!! This is because I looked up and saw a train I hadn't heard coming, and hid under the car. After a few seconds I saw boots and carharts and an orange vest walking down the track towards me. That train had parked on the track I had been standing on! I don'tthink he saw me run down the track on the other side and down the embankmant and hid in the underpass. I heard the train moving again after awhile so went up to watch as Jase and Daver pieces rolled by, then mine. Maybe they saw me standing there again, cuz the train stopped again. Shit, I thought and ran back under the under pass and out the other side and out to the road. Walking away, I saw the worker still walking to the front of the train. I guess this was the brakeman? Sorry this is so long I'll shut up now.

I went into the yard office and asked permission to bench and take flicks...and they were cool as hell about it...I can go pretty much anywhere on the lay....Workers are always nice as fuck...but I mean I've also never had a run in with them at 2 am so I don't know how they'd react to me painting.

Ive spent time talking with yard workers. One gave me candy and told me to stay off the nummbers. and then told me about his younger days working the yards and how he and his fellow workers SURF on the tops of the fr8s. lol. NO JOKE<< he really gave me candy. and told me about the bull that kreeps around that yard i was in. Yard workers are people to. Treat them with reapsect wave at them when there rolling buy. and let them know you not a bad guy. they see to many dick heads already on the tracks..

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Esoteric:

1. DO NOT hide under a car, EVER.

2. Read the thread near the top of this forum entitled YARD SAFETY. Twice would be good.

Thank you.

Hee hee...solo getting "caught"...whatever.

What if I've been painting trains for a couple years, and I know people that hae for about 5 or more, and we have never witnessed cras being humped?

I know its better safe than sorry, so I probably will take that advice anyway.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

What if I've been painting trains for a couple years, and I know people that hae for about 5 or more, and we have never witnessed cras being humped?

I know its better safe than sorry, so I probably will take that advice anyway.

How in the fuck is that possible?? Dream spots?? :confused:

Originally posted by siloette

hey boring ..we can arange all of us getting together thursday..sorry I had to depart the convo so quick..I hate the snow..just call//sorry I had to do this here..lost your email again..word..

:)

Yo......... that'd be cool!! I thought you were super mad at me and I left the convo kinda upset..........Glad it's all cool!!

I'll call you girl!!;)

• 4 weeks later...

the only run in with a worker i ever had was we were takin flicks of some shit an he rolls up an he was pissed about some one hitting up some freash freights the line had just started working for an we denied it but he knew it was us an hw says"well i wish they would stop hitting the new freight an just do the old ones"(i wish the police felt the same way)an we started talkin an about stupid shit i was trying to get some info to help me out an some how he was tellin me how he loves smoking joes streak an as one passed he pointed it out an he told me there was a book about him is that true???

Guest smokin..joe

uhhhh mmaybe where i live its just pretty strict or something? cause my boy has had several rail road jobs, and none of them would let him have a camera in possesion,some of my spots ive never seen any rail workers and some i have, but when i do i usually give the wave and nodd, but they just look at me as if there angry

hey smokin joe im from the same town you are....

me and mef have walked the ********in the day time and

we stoped and talked to this rail road worker, we had back packs and paint ,camera's..

anyway we talked to this dude for like 15 mins... and he knew what

we were up to he just was talkin about how the yard is not a safe

spot and a train could tip at anytime..he said he used to work in the

********yard..he was cooL.. oh and i registered on 12oz so send

me some private messages joe.

*******hey guy....don't give the names of places on the internet...this is a public forum********

really??

Originally posted by rolldafukout

ive had workers tell me it's ok to paint

for real, man? i knew we come from the same areas and have painted the same yards, but i never would suspect being told its okay to paint in any of them. is that honestly the truth? you dont need to post it here, im sure you know who i am. that just sounds crazy. if it is true, dope.

anyways, i hope i dont ever have to run into a worker again. my relationship is to stay as still as possible in the hopper or next to the wheels. for those of you that get the freedom to paint trains with no stress, fuck you. not an asshole one, but maybe one of jealousy. then again, thats not really the true essence of paintin freights, gettin to do it with out the chance of being caught. its sorta cheatin, sorry fellas.

You guys are lucky knowin peeps at the train yards while me and COK have to worry about all the hero's out there. I just got bagged at our train yards cuase some fuckin hero had to call 5-0 on me. I wish there were dope people who knew about graff, but around this shitty small ass town people just look at it as destrution of property.

i'm not so sure i'd be comfortable painting trains if i knew it was all good. i'd feel as if i was cheating all of you who see my freights. sure, i love painting them, but doing it free is ridiculous. why dont we write a letter to our nearest railroad and ask them to sponsor us for paint. or better yet, why dont we have them name a line after us. if trains were legal i'd quit. i'm sure many people who have been truly rockin for years would follow. cheaters...quit already.

Archived