I Bought A Fixie (: Nh.

HardyBucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixies are dumb as fuck, they are for performance training for real cyclists

It makes sense in certain situations...specifically, if you ride the track once in a while and know how to handle a correct track bike (in other words, none of this new jack hipster street business) it works. Otherwise, it's what it is and it's not always what you think it is.

I bought one complete track bike indirectly from AMAZE in 1999...it was a 70s Romic with a full Superbe group, and as I recall I parted it out so I could build a proper road bike that I could use to do what I needed to do at the time. Every other track bike I owned was built from the ground up from vintage components...and at this point, unless I hit the lottery and build a bike from scratch with the real deal parts I want I'm probably going to just leave that part of my life in the past.

I don't care that this shit went in some weird new school direction, but I like proper bikes and there's damn few of them left in the right hands.

I'm guessing these fixies are kinda like the bmx I used to get around on when I was a kid. No front brakes but 'pedal rakes' where you just pushed backwards on the pedals.

That was the shit back in the day. Skidding everywhere and leaving tire marks on concrete.

Co-sign on the drunken ride home on a stolen bike. Shit was gold. We'd even roll 10-15 deep on stolen bikes when I was 15-16. Pink bikes with ribbons were the most sought after and we used to spray paint the wheels gold. 20 inch rimssssssssssss.

I'm guessing these fixies are kinda like the bmx I used to get around on when I was a kid. No front brakes but 'pedal rakes' where you just pushed backwards on the pedals.

That was the shit back in the day. Skidding everywhere and leaving tire marks on concrete.

Co-sign on the drunken ride home on a stolen bike. Shit was gold. We'd even roll 10-15 deep on stolen bikes when I was 15-16. Pink bikes with ribbons were the most sought after and we used to spray paint the wheels gold. 20 inch rimssssssssssss.

fixed gears are not like bikes with pedal brakes

fixed gears have no brakes at all

and that sentance with "fixed gears are kinda like bmx" shouldnt exist :mad: