I'M ITCHING ALL THE DAMN TIME

DIRTY D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The characteristic symptoms of scabies infection include superficial burrows, intense pruritus (itching), a generalized rash and secondary infection. Acropustulosis, or blisters and pustules on the palms and soles of the feet, are characteristic symptoms of scabies in infants.[1]

S-shaped tracks in the skin are often accompanied by small, insect-type bites called nodules that may look like pimples.[1] These burrows and nodules are often located in the crevasses of the body, such as between fingers, toes, buttocks, elbows, waist area, genital area, and under the breasts in women.[1]

The intense itching and rash characteristic of scabies infection is caused by an allergic reaction of the body to the burrowing of the microscopic scabies mites. The rash can be found over much of the body; the associated itching is often most prevalent at night.[2]

Secondary infection is often due to impetigo, a type of bacterial skin infection, after scratching. Cellulitis may also occur, resulting in localized swelling, redness and fever (DermNet).

In immuno-compromised, malnourished, elderly or institutionalized individuals, infestation can cause a more severe form of scabies known as crusted scabies or Norwegian scabies. This syndrome is characterized by a scaly rash, slight itching and thickened crusts of skin containing thousands of mites.[2] Norwegian scabies is the form of scabies that is hardest to treat.

In individuals never before exposed to scabies, the onset of clinical signs and symptoms is 4–6 weeks after infestation, some people may not realize that they have it for years; in previously exposed individuals, onset can be as soon as 2–4 days after infestation.

When I was younger, for about a month stretch, real randomly I got this uncontrollable itchiness like throughout my body. I mean it wasn't just my arm or my leg, I'm talking about my entire body. And it would happen after a certain time so for a while I had to force myself to sleep before 10 so that it wouldn't happen, so it wasn't cuz of physical contact. It was bad though, it felt like I had bugs crawling on me when there weren't.

Went to the doctor...it was cuz of stress. Went on vacation, came back cured.