So I went to Ikea today...

ShortFuse

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the funniest shit in the world: shai and 50 trying to put ikea furniture together for hours, drinking along the way

What made that even better was that I had been doing the same exact thing the day before in SF and was cursing the Swedes for making furniture that had to be assembled in a exact way. No shortcuts allowed.

I have a couple little end tables from there and a coffee table. They've served their purpose and were cheap. I wouldn't buy any real furniture like couches, beds, chairs, etc from there though. But for something thats sole purpose is for me to set my feet, drinks, ashtrays and other random shit on, i don't really feel inclined to spend a lot of money.

yeah gotta inspect what youre buying, def stay away from anything particle board if you want shit to last but if youre the type to migrate from place to place and can afford to drop kick a coffee table in half and throw it out, just for the fact nobody is willing to take it and you dont want to spend time moving and dismatling shit just to move shit across the country, then ikea may be good for you

ikea.jpg

I don't know if the Ikea over here in Europe is different, but it isn't bad at all.

It's not as if we were going there looking to invest in furniture that would become a family heirloom...we just wanted some shelves to put books and DVDs on.

I also like that they have shelves that are the perfect size for a 12inch record.

Their couches and beds are complete bullshit though.

We also bought some end tables there that were cheap and do their job.

It's good if you plan on moving in the next few years and aren't worried about just getting new shit once you move, but like I said...it isn't furniture that you are going to keep around for a long time and pass on to your kids.

They also have a pretty alright kitchen stuff selection.

Cheap pans that aren't Teflon coated and decent glasses.

I like to buy plants to put on my window ledge and watch them die.

my only memory of Ikea is helping my friend find a desk named Mikael in the warehouse.

Mikael came in a standard 2 box set up, but you could upgrade to a deluxe Mikael that was three big boxes and one tiny box.

my friend had a lot of files he wanted to put in his Mikael (nh) and so we went deluxe.

everytime i visit his new home, I feel inclined to acknowledge the computer desk because it has a name.

yeah gotta inspect what youre buying, def stay away from anything particle board if you want shit to last but if youre the type to migrate from place to place and can afford to drop kick a coffee table in half and throw it out, just for the fact nobody is willing to take it and you dont want to spend time moving and dismatling shit just to move shit across the country, then ikea may be good for you

ikea.jpg

Man I bought that table and it was a bitch to put together!!!! Fuck it