Google Voice Invite Thread

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres just no preventative measures anymore, at this point technology has taken the stance "either your with us or against us" there is no middle ground, im right there with you.

Well, you can fake things like first and last name, delete cookies, use cookie blockers, etc.

but you're right. You can't fully shield yourself from datamining....you can throw a wrench into their shit sometimes, though.

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

request an invite, I dont know how to give out invites myself

I just read through this whole thread (3 pages :rolleyes: ) to see if anyone posted this. I didn't receive an invite I just requested one through google, I got one within a few days. This thing is awesome. This isn't just a "smart-phone" thing either. As long as your phone can go to the mobile-web, you can access Google-Voice. It's really easy to use, just takes a few mins to fool around with.

Do the numbers that have called/you have called show up on phone bills? Or does it show up as your google voice number?

I'm assuming you didn't watch the video posted above you, you pretty much decide that in your Google Voice settings.

If you have a plan where you pick a few numbers that are free, use your google voice number as on of the free ones.

Set it to show the google voice number in your settings and its free calls from anyone calling your google voice number.

Who doesn't have a cellphone anymore? Even most homeless people I encounter have one these days

I don't like cell phones that much mostly because I seem to have very bad luck with them. Every six months or so I'll cave in and get a prepaid because if it gets lost or broken I'm only out about $25.

I'm easy to reach, though...I usually check my email a few times a day on my Touch, and if I get a voicemail I can text the caller back. That's all I use GV for, I haven't gotten into all the features yet.

• 4 weeks later...
No random calls here. Understandable on the lack of accuracy of the voicemails. It is rather funny but sometimes I myself dont even understand what people are saying so I dont expect much from Google.

It's always my friends from oakland who get hilariously mis-transcribed.

Google don't speak ghetto.

I have my g voice forwarding zero calls most of the time. if it's important they'll leave vms. i like not getting phone calls.