Going cold turkey

Bojangles

Shit's crazy.

I was reading up on how after this long, it takes time for your serotonin levels to re-adjust etc. and I feel it. I'm ready to kill for no reason and full of negative energy one minute, then I just get hella' tired and pass out like I ran a marathon. Then I wake up half/depressed, half anxious.

I know exactly how you feel bro shit happened to me when i was trying to stop smoking weed cold turkey

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to use Heroin a lot I just decided one day that it was either heroin or kill myself and I went to the docs and got a huge methadone script and signed it to my mum and she administered that shit to me and I secluded myself for months until I was clean, and I have never touched heroin since. I have done coke and smoke weed regularly but they aren't my problem drugs so no hassle there for me.

I drank, and I mean drank for years, probabaly at least a few litres of cider a night and vodka and wiskey on top, I would drink before work, during work and after work everyday, i didn't think I had a problem with booze because I never didn't have booze, then once my marriage split up I realised how much i was drinking and stopped cold turkey, no booze no drugs no nothing apart from weed and it really sorted me out. I do still drink occasionally but the differernce is i dont get drunk. Right now I am tipsy typing this but i'm not drunk where I would normally think right this is the time to get a bottle of gin before the shops shut. Booze is easy to keep on top of for me, but mayeb not so for other people, kep working at it man, one of the main things other than my marriage that stopped me drinking is that I cant draw or paint drunk it just saps my creativity, weed makes me sketch like a demon but booze turns me into a self involved psycho,

I'm sayin, meetings aren't bad. THere is always atleast one person there that you could relate to... someone else that finally said "fuck it, i'll go to one..."

Alcohol is my demon, i haven't decided to quit yet. But when it happens, i'm gettin my ass to aa... those people know how to get people sober, once the decision is made.

You will feel amazing after you get over this. Not just mentally, but physically too.

It might help to get a active hobby to replace your bad habit. One of the girls on my soccer team used to be a hardcore drinker, like get shitfaced drunk in the basement by herself type. She took up soccer after she quit cold turkey.

i did this with pot.

smoked just about every day for ten years.

got sick of spending money and time on it,

sick of the way it controlled my days, etc.

and one day i just...stopped.

tried smoking a few weeks later and got crazy pnoid high.

it was not fun.

haven't done it since, and it's been like...four months?

crazy how easy it was.

next step: ciggies.

yeah, this is exactly how it was for me. And now it seems like that for a lot of the people I meet, we all tell that same story about how we smoked weed for so fucking long(10+ years for me) and quit cold turkey.....and now none of us can handle that shit anymore, it's like a paranoid high or just a sleepy unenjoyable haze.

Drinking is part of my job, I won't be able to quit until I own a bar instead of working behind one.:huh:

I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey two years ago and haven't smoked one since.

I went to NA meeting for six months to kick some of my other habits that i wouldn't have been able to give up on my own. Everyone is different but quiting anything cold turkey takes strong will, determination and support as far as i'm concerned.

I went through something like this. Replace the habit with a better one. I would usually start drinking around 6 or so. Instead i would leave the house at 6 and go to the local gym and work out until I was too tired to do anything but get a shower and lay on the couch or go to bed. I did that for a few weeks and before I knew it i wasn't so obsessed with the idea of having a drink and found myself enjoying exercise in the process. worth a shot.

• Like 1