HOW TO KEEP THE LANDLORD OUT

nsmbfan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just picking on you, not mad, I did recently quit smoking weed though.

You've got to admit those diagrams have half baked written all over them.

HAHA no shit i just did those in MSpaint like 20 minutes ago.

admittedly, I asked myself the same question right after I posted... "How am I gonna get back in?"

but then I figured if it works, one way, it'll work the other...

I know where i used to live, Landlords legally had to give you 24 hour heads up before they could enter your apartment. Obviously, if they knocked and you allowed them in, thats a whole different situation, but if they wanted to stop by and check out the place or show your apartment or something, they have to tell you 24 hours beforehand.

Look into your tenants rights and if he has to give you 24 hours, go talk to him and say you don't appreciate him randomly stopping into your place. You don't need a reason to not want someone randomly coming into your apartment, even if it is the landlord. If he continues coming into your place, you could file complaints against him and he'll probably catch a fine or if its a recurring issue and complaints have been filed before, there could be legal trouble for him.

you crack me up. just get a new lock. most places say you have to inform your landlord when you do that though. just stall on that if you think theyre coming in. then you will get a note telling you to give them a copy of the key. which after that.........i'd ask them why they were trying to get in without telling me. check your lease young blood.

HAHA no shit i just did those in MSpaint like 20 minutes ago.

admittedly, I asked myself the same question right after I posted... "How am I gonna get back in?"

but then I figured if it works, one way, it'll work the other...

Yeah, meaning your landlord could just walk in/out the same way too. As for your renters rights, I mentioned it because on this subject you sound like a bit of a moron. As others have suggested, you could much more easily (and intelligently) get some balls to step up to dude, or change the locks, which will cost much less than the locksmith you'll need to open your door when your tape and string security plan fails. At this point I'm suspecting you're a mental midget in assisted living, and the 'landlord' who keeps coming in without permission is your counselor doing his daily check that you remembered to wipe your ass and clean up after yourself.

Yeah, meaning your landlord could just walk in/out the same way too. As for your renters rights, I mentioned it because on this subject you sound like a bit of a moron. As others have suggested, you could much more easily (and intelligently) get some balls to step up to dude, or change the locks, which will cost much less than the locksmith you'll need to open your door when your tape and string security plan fails. At this point I'm suspecting you're a mental midget in assisted living, and the 'landlord' who keeps coming in without permission is your counselor doing his daily check that you remembered to wipe your ass and clean up after yourself.

i've never so eloquently been dissed before.

that's like art in itself. i'm propping you. edit: 24'd

i considered changing the locks but it's a hassle. I will have to though, as the weed has wore off and this plan of mine might not work as well as hoped.

but therein lies the wonder of ganja... gave me a totally different perspective on such a simple problem. one day i'll think of something great, you'll see.

• Like 1

Obviously his landlord is a piece of shit, he probably doesn't want to piss him off/create tension, so confronting him about it could be a bad idea. seriously, go to any fucking hardware store, and buy a new deadbolt and install that shit. it takes maybe ten minutes, costs about 15 bucks, and if he's secretly sneaking in, he will know that you know know, hence his key not working/lock changed.

If he does bring it up, ask him for a copy of your lease and show him the part where it says he CANT COME IN FUCKING UNANNOUNCED... if that part is not on there, then bounce out.

Just go out and get some cheap video surveilance shit, you can buy them for 100 bucks.It comes with software where you can watch it from any computer rby login in on the site. so just put one up outside your door, i mean it doesnt even have to be on. im sure he won't come in with security camera on the door front.

Just go out and get some cheap video surveilance shit, you can buy them for 100 bucks.It comes with software where you can watch it from any computer rby login in on the site. so just put one up outside your door, i mean it doesnt even have to be on. im sure he won't come in with security camera on the door front.

so you're saying you didn't dress up like a giant teddy bear and tackle your landlord who stole your $100 ?

that was a funny mental image you just went and ruined.

and yeah when i first moved in my spot, i was convinced the place was bugged with camera's and that i was being watched. i went inspected every cut,corner,inch, socket, just out of paranoia.i was also convinced he came in and took money.. but i have a terrible memory. i came close to calling him yelling "I KNOW YOU TOOK MY MONEY!".

If I thought my landlord was entering my house without my permission I'd be on the phone flipping the fuck out and threatening physical violence, not devising stupid lock systems

very bad idea to threaten the landlord

if you "broke" the top lock so that only the bottom one was usable it might help. but then you might get stung for a repair bill I dunno. why the fuck did you move into that building anyway?

I had a Chinese landlord who did this to me repeatedly despite me telling him to stop, so I moved out on him on the 30th with no notice (which is legal, just not very nice). He got super flustered until I said I had timestamped photos of him entering through the back door that the neighbors took when I was at work, and that if he wanted we could take it to court...after a sudden change of heart, I got my deposit back in cash on the spot.

Unfortunately for him those photos didn't exist, but I made out okay.