People who shouldn't have a drivers license.

Ski Mask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solution? BIKE LANES! real ones! separated from traffic and protected!

They're doing that here in NYC, sucks balls.

It's got a lot of streets real backed up with traffic and alot of people are against it now, even cyclists.

The only real solution will come when gas is $20 a gallon and cycles will once again rule with an iron fist.

Plus, personally, if someone isn't down with playing in traffic they should probably stay at home.

It's half the fun.

yes, those should be in every major city. who cares about traffic, if you dont know theres traffic in a city by now your a goon.

speaking of traffic, has anyone actually ever witnessed dead stop traffic start on a highway? like all the sudden BOOM! everythings dead stop, i know we've all been in it but you ever see it kick off? that shit baffles me, especially when you get to a point and it just opens up outta nowhere. like was there really that many people in that small of a section that everything just got cluster fucked? onlyi thing i've ever been able to come up with is dumbasses slamming on their breaks for cops, checking out cops pulling over, checking out accidents as they drive by, and people not knowing how to/ allowing people to switch lanes.

That shit works in less crowded areas I guess where cars are moving faster than bikes.

Here, it gets shit all gunked up, like in that photo, imagine a car having to make a turn across that lane.

Don't look like much room for other cars to get around them, times that by 2 million drivers and the shit don't work.

thats NY. its a different beast all together. For most cities with a pop of 1-5mil or so it should work fine. Work the lane into the light cycles at major intersections and it starts to flow even better. treat cyclists like they belong there and have a designated space and they start to act more like the rest of traffic.

The worst is when they try to come here and drive, cant comprehend the fact that traffic is liquid.

You don't own the entire lane in front of you and yes, I need to get in there so pay fucking attention.

They either drive way too fucking slow and slam on there breaks for bicycles or lane changers.

They just aren't used to paying full attention to whats going on and get overloaded by the experience.

dude you got that shit pinned. i don't care how good of a driver you think you might be, shit's insane in Manhattan.

i'm from big cities in the south. we got wide lanes and breezey interstates. the worst part is you might go downtown somewhere and see maybe a few people walking on the street.

generally I see someone walking and assume they're homeless. everyone has cars, and gas is the cheapest here than anywhere else in the U.S.

They're doing that here in NYC, sucks balls.

It's got a lot of streets real backed up with traffic and alot of people are against it now, even cyclists.

The only real solution will come when gas is $20 a gallon and cycles will once again rule with an iron fist.

Plus, personally, if someone isn't down with playing in traffic they should probably stay at home.

It's half the fun.

Truth.

Bike lanes are fucking gay and a waste of space.

^^

a lot of the dudes i know who do messenging/ just ride bikes in general and get hit by cars are absolute idiots and suck at riding a bike. your on a fuckin bike, not in a car, its a lot easier for you to stop and manuever, you are going to go flying while the car just sits there if something happens, when im on a bike i know theres shitty drivers that dont pay attention at all, and so do you, act accordingly. dont assume they're responsible enough or care enough about you to think about some kid on a bike booting up on their blindside trying to blast across an intersection.

not saying every biker who gets hit is a moron, but a lot of these fools think they should be treated as a car, which is beyond retarded to me.

I agree that there's a lot of dumbass rookies out there. That's why most people wash out, they just can't get the hang of riding in traffic safely.

I don't expect to be treated like a car. However, I am in traffic and I do my best to follow the same rules as everyone else. A lot of things I can overlook, but I've been squeezed and cut off by way too many people who weren't paying attention.

If you know what you're doing you won't get hurt besides the occasional accident...with stress on the word "accident". Then when rookies get hurt, they call it accidental and blame everyone and everything without acknowledging their own lack of experience and stupidity.

solution? BIKE LANES! real ones! separated from traffic and protected!

That entails removing a lane, and most Americans don't want to have to deal with more traffic even if it means more safety for cyclists. Davis, CA and Berkeley have pretty good ROW trails. It's catching on in other places but it's hard to do right.

I've never been a fan of the bike lanes that are painted on the roadway. If you want to be part of traffic, then just do it and use some common sense. Don't think a couple of stripes in the right lane will make you any safer or that they entitle you to any special right of way.

Pennsylvania has the worst drivers. Plus the roads are completely backwards. What other place has It so you need to turn into a right lane to go straight. While te left turn is just the normal lane?

I have no idea WTF you're talking about with this left/right lane turning shit.

I honestly think you just made that shit up off the top of your head.

But do you SERIOUSLY live in fucking Dallas and are pointing your finger at PA when it comes to shitty drivers???

Like for real? :huh2:

I've never been a fan of the bike lanes that are painted on the roadway. If you want to be part of traffic, then just do it and use some common sense. Don't think a couple of stripes in the right lane will make you any safer or that they entitle you to any special right of way.

i agree 100%. i am not a messenger or a hardcore cyclist but i have ridden in cities and on roads long enough to realize they are entirely useless...