People who shouldn't have a drivers license.

Ski Mask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

a lot of the dudes i know who do messenging/ just ride bikes in general and get hit by cars are absolute idiots and suck at riding a bike. your on a fuckin bike, not in a car, its a lot easier for you to stop and manuever, you are going to go flying while the car just sits there if something happens, when im on a bike i know theres shitty drivers that dont pay attention at all, and so do you, act accordingly. dont assume they're responsible enough or care enough about you to think about some kid on a bike booting up on their blindside trying to blast across an intersection.

not saying every biker who gets hit is a moron, but a lot of these fools think they should be treated as a car, which is beyond retarded to me.

Real talk.

i saw another az license at work the other day that had some crazy long expiration date like that.

is this a common thing in arizona?

Yeah.

What's really fucked up is that half of this state are retirees who won't be alive in 10 years, but they can drive for another 40 untested.

I saw a report a couple years back that 7 of the 10 dealiest roads in America are here in Phoenix.

My Grandma moved out here to die. My dad flew in from Chicago, dragged her ass into the DMV to get her license revoked since she was all over the road when she drove, she refused to give up her "freedom".

^^

a lot of the dudes i know who do messenging/ just ride bikes in general and get hit by cars are absolute idiots and suck at riding a bike. your on a fuckin bike, not in a car, its a lot easier for you to stop and manuever, you are going to go flying while the car just sits there if something happens, when im on a bike i know theres shitty drivers that dont pay attention at all, and so do you, act accordingly. dont assume they're responsible enough or care enough about you to think about some kid on a bike booting up on their blindside trying to blast across an intersection.

not saying every biker who gets hit is a moron, but a lot of these fools think they should be treated as a car, which is beyond retarded to me.

I don't know about what the laws are in your area but here legally if you're on a bike you have the same rights as a car.

Like if you want to make a left turn in a car and a bike is approaching the other way just wait.

Just because you signaled doesn't mean you can cut into a cyclist.

Same thing with passing, by chance if traffic here is open enough to speed past a cyclist you have to wait until it's safe legally.

You cant get pissed and act like they shouldn't be riding a bike on the road in the first place, bikes were on the road way before cars.

If you think about it it makes it easier on you overall since it's one less car on the road.

the other day i actually saw a old lady blasting down the highway in the middle of 2 lanes, yelling at herself and shaking her hands above her head, i have no idea how this lady was steering, which is probably why she was in the middle of 2 lanes, and right when i got off the exit and went on the overpass i looked down and saw traffic backed up... so i assumed this lady finally crashed.

that lady should probably not have her license.

I don't know about what the laws are in your area but here legally if you're on a bike you have the same rights as a car.

Like if you want to make a left turn in a car and a bike is approaching the other way just wait.

Same thing with passing, by chance if traffic here is open enough to speed past a cyclist you have to wait until it's safe legally.

You cant get pissed and act like they shouldn't be riding a bike on the road in the first place, bikes were on the road way before cars.

If you think about it it makes it easier on you overall since it's one less car on the road.

I hate this attitude. People on bikes want to act as if they're the same as cars when it's convenient for them, but then they also wanna weave inbetween traffic, blast through lights, etc etc when that's what's easier. Fucking hypocrites.

im pretty sure thats how it is here too, but just cause its the law doesnt mean i think it makes sense. basically i think a lot of people forget they're on a bike and actually treat it like a car cause its considered so by the law. bikes and cars shouldnt be considered equal, cause they're not.

i always keep a look out for bikes cause i boot around on a bmx all the time and i've been hit, so i dont assume everyone else does. i just think a lot of people on bikes think they should always have the right of way and everyone should yield to them. when its a lot easier for bikes to do the quick thinking and yielding.

What does it matter to you though Swamp? If they run a light thats one less commuter in your pack.

I don't know, where I'm at the streets are almost too crowded for cars, every car out of the way makes it easier.

I really don't ride much anymore because I'm slacking and taking the train but still, I know what it's like.

And that whole bullshit attitude that it's harder to stop a car, the break pedal is pretty fucking easy to push down on, don't see how it's harder.

It's cool though, if your in a car and get pissed at a bike and do something, you catch charges. *someones writing down a plate number

When a car pissed me off I'd dent the shit out of its hood with my Ulock or just reach in the open window and slap the shit out of someone.

Traffic is so thick here I'd be 5 blocks away the wrong way up a one way street before the light would change.

Not sure about riding much in sprawled cities but Pittsburgh and NY it's like that.

im pretty sure thats how it is here too, but just cause its the law doesnt mean i think it makes sense. basically i think a lot of people forget they're on a bike and actually treat it like a car cause its considered so by the law. bikes and cars shouldnt be considered equal, cause they're not.

i always keep a look out for bikes cause i boot around on a bmx all the time and i've been hit, so i dont assume everyone else does. i just think a lot of people on bikes think they should always have the right of way and everyone should yield to them. when its a lot easier for bikes to do the quick thinking and yielding.

The reason they are considered the same is because they can't have bikes on the sidewalk, more people get hurt that way.

They have to be in the street, it might occasionally cause you to slow down but overall still. beats having another car on the road as far as slowing you down if you look at it logically.

I'm not going to argue this same argument on 12oz again but see my first post at the top of the page

about suburban drivers and that's exactly what bothers me about drivers like yourselves that can't cope with anything but open road.

Enjoy your roadrage and confusion fellas, I'm done..

how is it not harder to stop a car? ya its easy to push the pedal, but a car is a lot heavier and generally going at a faster pace, therefore making it harder and taking more time to stop. i can almost make a dead stop on my bike no matter how fast im going, and you can always bail out on a bike, cant exactly bail out of your car.

• Like 1

What does it matter to you though Swamp? If they run a light thats one less commuter in your pack

Because when I'm coming from the other direction I hafta worry about the douchebag on a fucking bike that just shot through a light and almost caused me to kill his retarded ass.

Not that I'd mind running over a cyclist's head, but I don't need the hassle of that paperwork

So, what you're saying is that because people don't like idiots on bikes blowing through lights/stop signs when a car has right of way, or swerving in and out of traffic to get to where they're going 30 seconds faster, they're bad drivers?

I have no problem with sharing the roads with bikers who actually know what they're doing, but a huge amount of people on bikes just assume that because they're on a bike, they have the right of way to do whatever the fuck they want, regardless of how illegal/dangerous it is. If they want the same rights as cars, then they should be following the same laws, not flying around with no regard to traffic.

Edit: in response to Mercer.

• Like 1

I think the further you go away from a crowded downtown urban area the worse people drive.

I can't stand driving outside of NYC, it's like there isn't enough going on to keep people focused.

They just assume they'll stop when there is a red light only, and have no idea how to let someone merge or change lanes.

I feel like people are asleep behind the wheel, not looking for the unexpected pedestrian or whatever.

The worst is when they try to come here and drive, cant comprehend the fact that traffic is liquid.

You don't own the entire lane in front of you and yes, I need to get in there so pay fucking attention.

They either drive way too fucking slow and slam on there breaks for bicycles or lane changers.

They just aren't used to paying full attention to whats going on and get overloaded by the experience.

This^

It's not just bikes, if anyone gets in "your way" it's a problem you couldn't deal with smoothly.

Dude, if a person on a bike is running a light and making the other traffic slam on brakes he won't be around long.

Honestly, I know the frustration, I know thats just one example of many things bike do.

But I've been on both sides of this argument and see how having someone on a bike, instead of a car, is a good thing.

Good for the person on the bike not stuck in traffic and good for the person driving with less cars in front of them.

Every time I'm riding my bike in the city some fucking faggot tries to act like I'm supposed to be riding on the sidewalk or some shit. If I ever caught a bitch fucking with a bike like that he would get bolt cutters shoved up his ass and his fucking car totaled.

I remember that thread :lol:

No. You're under the impression that if some faggot on a bike runs a light the people driving are going to slam on their brakes. When he gets fucking smashed, whos fault is it? The guy with the green light going 40 through in intersection or your dumbass running a redlight through the street on a fixed gear?

I never rode a fixed gear and nobody can really get up to 40 mph to often around here.

Honestly, I used to race one of my boys and blast through reds like nothing but I've cut that shit out.

If there's no cars coming though I'm not going to wait at the light like a herb though.

I almost hit a dude on a bike at night that was flying through a red light at an intersection. Swerved and honked the horn and he acted like he did nothing wrong. If I did hit him I wouldn't be paying for his hospital bills or anything since he was wrong.

Point is a lot of people on bikes are self-righteous idiots. But then so are a lot of people in cars. Guess it depends on the person and not the vehicle.

• Like 1

I think his point was aimed more at those bike messenger types who seem to think that they own the streets and that traffic revolves around them.

I think his point was aimed more at those bike messenger types who seem to think that they own the streets and that traffic revolves around them.

With all the reasons to hate messengers why focus on just one.

It's like hating George Bush for only for making up words in speeches.

im not saying bikes arent logical in any way, like i said i boot around on a bmx all the time. i let bikes do their thing cause i know i dont wanna hit someone on their bike for many reasons, and i know they're gonna think they're riding a tank especially cause the law says they're equal to me. my point is bikers dont take cars into consideration at all anymore, cause they all have the same attitude that they're equal to a car, which is why people get hit by cars.

skateboards arent legally allowed on sidewalks either, that doesnt mean im gonna always bomb down the street hoping someone doesnt pick me off, i act accordingly, cause if i get hit i'll be pissed moreso at myself for leaving an oppurtunity allowing someone to hit me. i dont trust or rely on anyone, neither should anyone on a bike.

edit: also, i ride my bike on the opposite side of the road a lot, cause like i said, i dont trust people, and i know its easier for me to hop a curb and bail off my bike than it is for that person to stop in an instance or swerve around me in a panic, hitting another car or someone else biking or waiting to cross the street.

Police: Driver flees with man in windshield

NBC 10 News

Published: October 26, 2009

Updated: October 26, 2009

A Providence man is accused of driving away from a crash scene with a person stuck in his windshield.

The Providence Journal reported that 30-year-old Christopher Swiridowsky was charged with three counts of leaving the scene of an accident and one count of obstruction of a police officer.

Investigators said Swiridowsky struck three people who were standing on the side of Interstate 95 after a two-car crash near Branch Avenue at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

They said Swiridowsky fled with 24-year-old Jose Flores of Central Falls stuck in the windshield. Police eventually found Swiridowsky hiding in a closet at his house, the Journal reported. (WGBH reported he drove for a mile and a half with the person in the windshield and only stopped because another driver forced him off the road.)

Flores and a passenger in his car remained hospitalized Sunday.

http://www2.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/article/police_driver_flees_with_man_in_windshield/25513/#comments