What to do with old caps??

OLD_STYLE

After finishing up a burner or piece I realize that I have gone through at least 5 caps sometimes in one day. Which got me thinking about how many caps have I thrown away in my life... could be near thousands?

Anyways, does anyone do anything with their old caps besides throwing them away, like keeping them, collecting them, use them to make something interesting?

:)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1/ never throw your old caps

2/ Collect them all in a box

3/ Steal a peanut distributor in your favorite bar. and decant all your overcast caps in it

4/ Then fill it with TRICHLOROETHYLENE

5/(Optional) You could sniff some vapors of that shit if you wanna travel for free or wanna die younger

6/ Shake the all stuff, then insert coins (that you, of course, get back at the end of each month)

7/ Alleluia ! Your caps is cleaner than ever

4.jpg.b5ad607533dd136ebb774b4cc1da8c25.jpg

5.jpg.110ef10e35b6381332205e27a0ecc249.jpg

6.jpg.3030b17b2ddd43a3e6d9d6ea7fbdba19.jpg

7.jpg.a471e0323d9e612f23f93302f47497e1.jpg

• Like 2

^ ahaha dope ass idea.. umm i was actually thinking about it today, maybe something like this could be used for mops? idk just uhh elaborate on the idea however you want iz guess.. basically flip a cap, add a washer (i guess?) and you got something to work with if you just glue a nib on somehow or whatever.. idk you guys do the math

IMG_2481.jpg.5f227e06f5779cfa040fbcf5e14de8cb.jpg

3/ Steal a peanut distributor in your favorite bar. and decant all your overcast caps in it

5/(Optional) You could sniff some vapors of that shit if you wanna travel for free or wanna die younger

6/ Shake the all stuff, then insert coins (that you, of course, get back at the end of each month)

:lol: fuckin sick! :lol: :lol: :lol:

this doesn't seriously work does it? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

1. Head to your local Lowes or Home Depot, or something like that.

2. Find yourself a can of this stuff

998080669_071509l_vin1.jpg

(GOOF OFF GRAFFITI REMOVER)

C. Get it in what ever way you like, wink wink.

4. Take off the stock cap.

5. Put your own cap on.

6. Spray a little bit, and let the stuff eat the paint out.

7. Repeat untill you get your spray back.

8. ????

9. Profit.

But no, seriously, this stuff is amazing paint remover, and it will make your caps good as new. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

1. Head to your local Lowes or Home Depot, or something like that.

2. Find yourself a can of this stuff

998080669_071509l_vin1.jpg

(GOOF OFF GRAFFITI REMOVER)

C. Get it in what ever way you like, wink wink.

4. Take off the stock cap.

5. Put your own cap on.

6. Spray a little bit, and let the stuff eat the paint out.

7. Repeat untill you get your spray back.

8. ????

9. Profit.

But no, seriously, this stuff is amazing paint remover, and it will make your caps good as new. I highly recommend it.

Or use this. It does the same thing. Its just paint thinner in a spray can.

You can get it pretty much any where. It work just like Graffiti remover in all ways.

280743_front500.jpg

A plus is you can make nice mixxing caps out of the the stock tips.

• 2 months later...

reusing caps kinda sucks. i try to finish all my paint wherever im painting, if im doing a piece. that way when i leave im not bringing any evidence back with me. used paint caps and half empty cans are the worst thing to have on you while your running. so i ditch both of them. but if im out bombing and didnt use much paint. i take the cap back home and soak it in lacquer thinner or paint thinner. carb cleaner works too, but its just horrible on your skin, itll mess you up big time. its not the same thing as paint thinner, what they do is relatively the same , but carb cleaner has tons of more horrible shit, same with brake cleaner. but theyll work if your in a good ventilated area. i dont bother with saving hood caps though, ive cleaned acouple out really good, only to have them piss paint all over me when i put them on a can

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Clean em all, came from the school of cutting Krylon tips and gluing on whatever else I could to make the lines,flares I wanted.....when I see em in a yard....grabbed, Mine!

-Chuck em in a 1 gallon can of Acetone, let em sit, brush em clean, guitar wire for the tip and they're back to life. Stubborn ones get the graff remover treatment then back in Acetone.

-Been working on a boombox, super gluing the stock ones to it...take a few off everytime i do a new mop and use them for mixers

Oh and TCE...was developed as an anasthetic only to be used later as a degreaser.....so inhaled, you would fly...