Countries for peace and Countries for war CLEAR AS DAY

honest tea

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

threadfail.

but the united states has no real interest in peace overseas. the american "empire" thrives off of our global military control. we are able to establish our presence overseas by providing "democracy", foreign aid, ect. our military might stretches the globe, and outer space. plus, where would we spend the trillions of dollars a year if not on the military? surely not here at home, helping the people? right?

Because the US and Britain make a lot of money from selling weapons and fighter jets and such items, peace is not in the financial interest of the governments of these countries or the huge multi trillion dollar businesses that manufactur these weapons etc.

If there were peace throughout the world, there would be no bogeyman for the government to scare their citizens with.

threadfail.

but the united states has no real interest in peace overseas. the american "empire" thrives off of our global military control. we are able to establish our presence overseas by providing "democracy", foreign aid, ect. our military might stretches the globe, and outer space. plus, where would we spend the trillions of dollars a year if not on the military? surely not here at home, helping the people? right?

there would probably be less peace in the world without american hegemony.

everyone

try to look for humanity in some new places

maybe a place you forgot,

around when you started doing other things besides feeling introspective toward your excitement for surroundings

this place may or may not be hard to find

but looking within first always helps

because

how can we begin to feel confident with all of nature until we are confident in helping and loving it first

Tellurian - thanks for calling me cynical, I am and I enjoy it, gives me a good perspective on the world. The only reason I don't believe that peace can be achieved is because of the hungry nature of most humans. There are haves and have nots and there will always be jealousy or people feeling short changed on their deal, which is the way the world is.

I don't believe a return to the 'garden of eden' would ever occur, I personally wouldn't want to live without my creature comforts and technology that we have, I am all for technology and science and progressing mankinds understanding of the universe around us. The only way for us to return to our 'roots' like the garden of eden would be if there was some huge meltdown of society, whether through war or huge natural disaster.

Tellurian - thanks for calling me cynical, I am and I enjoy it, gives me a good perspective on the world. The only reason I don't believe that peace can be achieved is because of the hungry nature of most humans. There are haves and have nots and there will always be jealousy or people feeling short changed on their deal, which is the way the world is.

I don't believe a return to the 'garden of eden' would ever occur, I personally wouldn't want to live without my creature comforts and technology that we have, I am all for technology and science and progressing mankinds understanding of the universe around us. The only way for us to return to our 'roots' like the garden of eden would be if there was some huge meltdown of society, whether through war or huge natural disaster.

agreed.but i think people could take steps to make life a little bit easier for each other..

It all comes down to a value judgement in the end and that's subjective.

Some people may argue that we have gained a lot via instability, such as medicines, technology, etc. Some may argue that it has kept the population to a manageable level, etc.

It's all perspective as to what is positive and negative and that is what we base a view of pessimism and optimism. Some one who subscribes to the above view would call my outlook optimistic.

Ah, don't worry about me, I'm just arguing for the sake of it. I don't want war and instability either. I've lead a blessed life and have never been concerned with instability but I still hate seeing poor bastards blown up or starved to death.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont buy into Democratic Peace Theory. The only reason it has worked so far is because the only truly democratic countries have stemmed from a good relationship with the United States.

As democratic governments emerge in places outside the typical American sphere of influence, well see just as much conflict with those countries as we do now.