the belief in ghosts

watson

I don't know if ghosts exist. I've never had a paranormal encounter of any kind, but I'm also not gunna say everyone who claims they have isling-bai-photo-xl-bai-ling-6227286.jpg bai_ling_hot.jpgling

To try and discredit the idea of aliens is ridiculous. You honestly think Earth is the only place where life exists?

word?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm crazy but at this old house I was painting circa 1600s in Newport I experienced what was either a odd set of coincides that I may had not have noticed if I didn;t have an erie feeling about the place to begin with or something ghostly.

From what I've heard people say about ghosts they are (if they exist) just a collection of energy or electricity. All life contains a low level of electricity right? Isn;t that how the brain sends signals through our nerves? Electricity? SO say while it isn't normal could it be possible that in rare cases, maybe 0.000001% of the time that energy doesn't disappear with the person?

On the other hand. If what I've just typed is true, then what is the threshold? Can dogs have ghosts? Whales? Sponges? Ants? Do ghost single celled organisms exist?

Honestly I have no idea but it is an interesting topic.

From what I've heard people say about ghosts they are (if they exist) just a collection of energy or electricity. All life contains a low level of electricity right? Isn;t that how the brain sends signals through our nerves? Electricity? SO say while it isn't normal could it be possible that in rare cases, maybe 0.000001% of the time that energy doesn't disappear with the person?

to be a ghost by popular understanding, it would have to take some sort of physical (viewable) form, or speak, or move things. how does undissipated electricty do that?

to be a ghost by popular understanding, it would have to take some sort of physical (viewable) form, or speak, or move things. how does undissipated electricty do that?

I can see that if no one has hard evidence that isn't easily hoaxed, or dismissed with rational explanations, the belief or attempt to explain ghost is futile. While at the same time I would believe if ghosts/aliens/any other form of life existed, it would easily be possible for them to exist in a state of matter(or transition through stages of matter, that we don't know exist).

On an side note after googling states of matter, even though wikipedia obviously isn't a credible source, the proposed state of matter "superliquids" show some weird attributes that seem fitting of your typical ghost/alien scenarios(going through seemingly solid surfaces, defying gravity)

Those super liquids are a trip. Fringe science right there.

It's funny because, the more we find out about things the more doors we open up- just prompting more and more unanswerable questions. Science seems to be imploding on itself lately with all these breakthroughs that seem to rip out the foundations we established century's ago.

Now I must retire to the nerdery with my calculator.

damn people are getting mad at me for saying ghosts don't exist

i just don't believe anything once dead, will come back in any shape, form or matter

nothing will shut/open doors, make noises, be a breeze in a room

if something like this was possible.. where are the constant sightings of apparitions that should be occurring every day since billions of people have died. is there only one allowed to appear once every 3 leap years on a sunday? or maybe just when they feel like it? do they go away and come back when they want or would they be stuck here until a group of seance douche bags send it back to where it came from?

shit like that is just too flawed to be real

• Like 1

I just think you're looking at the issue from the wrong angle...

if something like this was possible.. where are the constant sightings of apparitions that should be occurring every day since billions of people have died. is there only one allowed to appear once every 3 leap years on a sunday? or maybe just when they feel like it? do they go away and come back when they want or would they be stuck here until a group of seance douche bags send it back to where it came from?

shit like that is just too flawed to be real

Nobody in their right mind is gonna be able to answer that question. Nobody knows.

But to say that the idea of anything supernatural or extraterrestrial is too flawed to be real, ... I mean that is a state of fuckin' denial. You're basically throwing thousands of years worth of accumulated knowledge out the window. Disregarding any belief, that any culture ever had in an afterlife or this life for that matter. I'm a firm believer that every myth is rooted in truth. And there are so many cultures and peoples to have entire religions and lifestyles based on the occult, and specifically supernatural experiences. There's just too much substance to be entirely dismissed.

I do agree with you on the subject of these lame shows. They never lead anywhere. Are easily faked, and they all fucking blow. The history chnl had some UFO Hunters shit, totally fucking bogus. As with Monsterquest they brought more new questions to the table and didn't ever come up conclusive with anything. Some of the experiments they use are so fucking ridiculous. I don't know how they can label any of them as scientific. That's all a fucking sham.

Eh, it's whatevs though. I'm a little bit high, and a little bit drunk, feeling like I'm back in debate class.

Peace

the fact that many ancient civilizations have lore and legends surrounding occult ideas, or the idea of the afterlife doesnt mean that we should grant it the same "factual" status that we do other historical things. much like the primitive religions associated with them, these ideas and stories are clearly part of a mythology designed to make sense of a frigtening and complex world over which they had little control

daaaaaaahhh....iz dah chitauri..... kill it...kill it wit fire

annunaki.jpg

skull2.jpg

HI......

GrayAliens.jpg

You're basically throwing thousands of years worth of accumulated knowledge out the window.

of bullshit. there is no proof of ghosts, just stupid fucking people who think every little noise is some spirit because they want to believe so much in them, they think it's actually happening