Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blood Feast Island Man

bulding a studio

so I'm trying to build a recording studio, anyone have any experience with this? the biggest issue is soundproofing, I don't mean just stapling egg crates to the walls, doing it a bit better, removing the drywall insulating with either foam or cellulose etc.

my main concern is the ceiling, ideally I want to add a dropped ceiling but I don't think the landlord will go for that. if anyone knows any decent alternative to that help an oontzer out/nh

If your on a budget to avoid high insulation costs using duct taped egg cartons stapled to the walls works well for the price.

eggshells don't really do shit in terms of soundproofing, sometimes they can be useful for mixing, putting them behind monitors n shit to break up reflections off straight walls but they don't do much to actually stop sound getting out of the room.

youtube is full of people trying and failing to soundproof a room on a zero budget. I don't mind spending some money to do this. really I just wanted to see if anyone here had done something like this before. the ceiling and the doors are the main issues.

are you trying to improve sound quality or keep it down for the neighbors. Also id say spend your money on the expensive ass equipment then trying to soup up your walls.

eggshells don't really do shit in terms of soundproofing, sometimes they can be useful for mixing, putting them behind monitors n shit to break up reflections off straight walls but they don't do much to actually stop sound getting out of the room.

youtube is full of people trying and failing to soundproof a room on a zero budget. I don't mind spending some money to do this. really I just wanted to see if anyone here had done something like this before. the ceiling and the doors are the main issues.

no offence homie, but did you really take me serious!?

"Duct taped empty egg cartons stapled to your wall" for sound insulation?!?

:lol:

I'm going to prop you just because you actually thought about what I said and responded to me like a human rather than a trinfoil hat wearing now turned internet addict.

If you want to sound proof for the sake of neighbors you can hang some rug on the walls with some heavy curtains in front of it.

If you're trying to control the acoustics of the room, you're gonna have to spend the money on the right foam to do the job, but you don't need to cover the entire room with it, just key areas to keep the sounds from bouncing around.

Step 1:Build a tree house in the biggest tree in your backyard.

Step 2:Get 2 polystyrene cups and connect them with approximately 4 meters of string

Step 3:Rap into one cup while inside treehouse / recording studio.

Step 4:Have manager get a tape recorder and hold other cup against speaker.

Pretty fucking easy dumb arse.

Bad Boys 4 Life.

http://www.soundprooffoam.com/soundproof-foam.html?gclid=CJSZ4aTN2p0CFZho5QodVB24yg&lcode=AA401

If anything, you can cover your ceiling with it too.

If you got a basement, I suggest putting it down there.

Sound has a hard time going through solid rock, ground, dirt whatever.

Just make sure it's nice and covered with the above sheet so noises ( like the ones from my heater) don't get heard.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now