Top 25 Crime of the Century

Smacky636

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

by law all jews have to go into the israeli army when they are 18 like a lot of european countries, but if youre a jew and can prove your jewish descent you can fly to isreal for free and stay for free, also jews can hold dual citizenship there and here no questions asked

Yeah, I think she might have been born there and moved here with her fam when she was a little kid.

She got her draft notice and being as she was an American citizen she didn't have to go, but she was like "fuck yeah I'm going".

She has mad guns and listens to Slayer and goes to hardcore shows.

She has mad tattoo's too, so I think she's banned from being burried in a Jewish cemetery.

Having tattoos doesnt ban you from being buried in a Jewish cemetery.

by law all jews have to go into the israeli army when they are 18 like a lot of european countries, but if youre a jew and can prove your jewish descent you can fly to isreal for free and stay for free, also jews can hold dual citizenship there and here no questions asked

Not quite. It entitles you to become a Israeli citizen, but the no questions asked things is totally off. They do thorough checks to make sure the people are not criminals etc.

The free flight is a one time deal, if you are moving there permanently, through a separate organization called nefesh b'nefesh and you can stay in an absorption center for two weeks for free, after that you're basically on your own. They do give free language classes for new immigrants.

Having tattoos doesnt ban you from being buried in a Jewish cemetery.

I'm pretty sure that the chick I'm talking about said that her having tattoo's bars her from being buried in a Jewish cemetery.

I'm also sure that I've heard this elsewhere.

Are you saying that it's a wise tale, or are you saying that you've never even heard this before?

Although some (not all) Hasidic woman do shave their heads, this practice is not based on a religious commandment, but is a custom based on a number of possible reasons. There is no requirement to shave one's head. But, as explained in Question #4 above, a woman does start to cover her hair after marriage, and some women prefer to keep their hair very short, because it is more comfortable under a wig or a scarf.

Regarding the custom (in some groups) to shave the hair on the wedding night, this can be traced to two things that got combined. First of all, a woman goes to the mikveh (ritual immersion) just before her wedding, and every part of her -- every single hair -- must be submerged simutaneously. Naturally, it is easier to do this if the hair is short and cannot float on the water.

In addition, there was a time in Europe when the non-Jewish kings or other rulers had the right to sleep with any bride in their kingdom on her wedding night. This was recently dramatized in the Mel Gibson movie, Braveheart, which was set in Old Scotland. But it was also true throughout much of Europe, including the Eastern and Baltic areas where most Hasidim lived. In many cases, "Prince Charming" was the local rapistand not so charming at all.

You can imagine how horrible it would be for the bride to have to submit to a rape. So the bride often tried to prevent this by shaving her head completely, in the hope that the ruler would think she was ugly and leave her alone. After the wedding, some women grew their hair back, while others chose to keep it short under their head coverings.

We should also note here that the American custom for everyone to ":kiss the bride" is not appropriate at Jewish weddings, and is not practiced by Hasidim or other Orthodox Jews. The personal privacy of the bride is to be respected, and a woman should not have to submit to kissing every man at the wedding. The bride and groom also do not kiss each other in public.

One very nice custom at all traditional Jewish weddings is that immediately after the ceremony (and before the reception), the bride and groom are led to a private room where they are left completely alone for a while. Two Jews serve as honor guards and stand outside the door, to be sure that their privacy is protected. During this time the bride and groom, who have been fasting all day in preparation for the wedding, break their fast with their first meal together as husband and wife. Many non-Jews today are also adopting this beautiful custom, because it gives the couple a chance to be alone with each other before facing the reception line and festivities that follow.

Source(s):

http://www.pinenet.com/~rooster/index.ht…

RabbiGershom4-sml.jpg

the author was also was a roadie for sepultura

The bottom line is:

Be proud of your own personal achievements and triumphs in life. Simply being born Jewish is not an accomplishment, therefore it does not demand any sort of respect from anyone.

- P.S. I can't release the details, but just be aware that 12oz history was made today: Monday, October 24th, 2009 at 12:13pm. Save the date!

I'm pretty sure that the chick I'm talking about said that her having tattoo's bars her from being buried in a Jewish cemetery.

I'm also sure that I've heard this elsewhere.

Are you saying that it's a wise tale, or are you saying that you've never even heard this before?

It's a common misunderstanding even among Jews. At one point it may have been practiced but now it is not.

And the shaving the head thing is true but its not too common outside of Israel and in Israel it's still fairly unconventional. As for the reason I've heard everything from, so the wig fits better* to historical stuff. It has no root in Halacha (Jewish law). Long hair is considered very beautiful.

*after a woman is married she is supposed to cover her hair. Some women choose to wear wigs while others wear hats or scarves.