This is everything Channel Zero people hate rolled up and packaged in a Band

Ski Mask

California appears to have this new breed of Hipster/Raver kid that has nothing to do with Nu-Rave. I've seen the photos...hipster looking teens but totally "Kandy"-ed out. stupid plush animal backpacks, rediculous amounds of beads and shit. its the nexus of stupid. I'll look for photos.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked on the YouTube link and it was pretty awful. There is definitely a huge generation gap between me and those kids. Looking like a homosexual was never a trend while I was in school.

I've also been seeing this strange hybrid of a candy raver + hipster on fixed gears. A young informant told me they are called "new rave". I'm relatively young, but I never felt more out of the loop.

Old rave was bad enough. I know I was there.

The club I work at has a lot of them.. One of them came up to me pilled out talking about hooking me up at American Apparel.. Look at me fool.. You don't make clothes that fit me.. I'll tell my girl and see if she's down.

End rant.

yeah new rave started in the uk/france/belgium i think and quickly made its way to where else but brooklyn shortly after. it was a 2007ish trend when the whole electro/blog house/remix/digitalism esque style music was at its peak. seems likes its coming back.

i cant believe there arent any justice jackets in that band.

Seriously if your going to make music stay true to the roots of the music your making. I'm not saying you can't be hip or innovative. Really though shit is so fucking fake these days. Kids are Jerk dancing, people are "on a boat", it's all a fucking mockery. I'm not an older cat either but I guess I'm still stuck in the 90's when thugs didn't wear skinny jeans and hang out with rich white kids. I don't know it might just be me.