How long did it take you to get where you are right now?

aeroteooper149

you wont develop can control in a blackbook will you?

think about it. you drop a sketch that's all revok'd out with shines and swirls and doodads etc. then take that sketch to the wall and you can't even mark it out or do some basic fills. NOW THAT IS TOY

istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took me a year of daily sketching to get comfortable enough to even pick up a can

two years of that to be satisfied with what i did when i looked at it later

it's not an overnight process and it's really discouraging,

if i woulda done it again i would have taken the idea that i know what i'm doing out of my head

had i done that i would probably be more knowledgable even now

Person around my city get up with a tag with no ATTEMPT at graff. I mean they just write "ULT". It makes me want to take paint down and write a lecture to why they are the worst thing to happen to graff in my city EVER (I don't however ). It's not a crew either, because the first piece I have ever seen by them (they have tonnes of tags) was a simple. I can respect a simple, but I will dog the hell out of it if I can ever get motivated purely because these fools don't even bother to attempt a handstyle and they hit the city hard with their filth.

so this "ult" has lots of ups in legible letters around town and it's causin' you to hate on 'em? sounds like they're doing it the right way.

Person around my city get up with a tag with no ATTEMPT at graff. I mean they just write "ULT". It makes me want to take paint down and write a lecture to why they are the worst thing to happen to graff in my city EVER (I don't however ). It's not a crew either, because the first piece I have ever seen by them (they have tonnes of tags) was a simple. I can respect a simple, but I will dog the hell out of it if I can ever get motivated purely because these fools don't even bother to attempt a handstyle and they hit the city hard with their filth.

so this "ult" has lots of ups in legible letters around town and it's causin' you to hate on 'em? sounds like they're doing it the right way.

@schnitzel, I understand what your saying and I agree, but I would rather learn can control after I can sketch something decent. I understand when I go out to paint it's going to be horrid, but I can accept that. I don't mind people getting up aslong as they have thought about what they're trying to do. I don't even need to be impressed, if I can see effort then that's enough for me but why would you want to have good can control with no style?

JKSletterstructure.jpg

Stolen from toy thread. I'm just saying I wouldn't like to see stuff like that painted even with fantastic can control. Just so everyone knows, ULT doesn't have any style, he just writes ULT everywhere. I mean, a metre squared simp is the best i've ever seen from the tool.

ALSO; THE VIEW<OPRAH. TYVM.

no one cares! just bite the bullet and get out there, you've waited long enough you crazy fuck. i guarantee you will learn more over the course of 5 pieces than you would have done in 5 sketches.

Why would you need can control for a disgusting piece? It pulls the whole graff community down. People see your disgusting work and go "Graffiti is vandalism, it looks vile" etc.

you can't please everyone, i wouldn't even try. some people will always hate it.

I started doing tags around the local neighbourhood when I was about 11. Once I got to highschool I had a friend who's older brother wrote and did pieces etc so I learnt a bit through him. Started sketching at 13 and did some massively toy pieces from 13-15. Once I hit 16 it suddenly clicked and I became decent pretty fast. I think once you've got the basic fundamentals down things fall together pretty quickly. So it roughly took me 3 years of sketching to get to a point where I'd be considered decent enough to get up without disgracing myself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

granted

Juicy terry sportswear brand is started by juicy couture tracksuit, so towel material is essential, this juicy couture outlet also came to a Beachwear version of juicy couture bags towel series, such as the style may gowns hooded beach skirts and juicy couture shoes drawstring shorts, granted, there are beach necessary towel cloth juicy couture watch and sun caps.

• 4 months later...

i started when i was in 6th grade....now i am 43 years old and just starting to get good not great but good. i was never artistic but always tried my hardest. looking at others styles always help with new ideas and it didbt hurt to grow up during in the 80,s when trains were white canvases.awwwwww the good old days.

I started when I was 12, 26 now. I grew up in a town where there was atleast a decent size freight yard, and I didn't have the internet till i was 18, so that was basically all i really knew about the graffiti world besides some books me and friends had. I'd say I didn't really like my work till i was around 20, and even now I can pick and choose what I like and dislike. But if I could see the work I was doing now compared to when I was younger I'd probablly be floored, thing is you always aim to be the best, or atleast I do. The truth though is you'll prob never be the best, but you gotta enjoy the time trying to achieve it.

• 4 months later...

I started at about six....believe it or not, I've just never stopped drawing, i did dabble in other art styles, got deep into anime( i still am, Where my geeks at), figure drawing, comics, but in the end that all combined into the style i use now. Making each letter kinda like its own thing, while flowing with the others, you can even see that with the first piece i did( for my uncle when he went to prison, Said THUGLIFE, he gave it back when he got out....i still carry it around). In older now, but i still learn. I guess i got a bit of a head start, but i didn't start like others did, i just always saw it, and it just made sense.It chose me, and I couldn't say no. Most of the vets I hear have 10-15 years in the game, Me, i got all of the 16 years Ive been able to scribble things on walls and paper, and i'm still not done. I'm no vet, but i'm a upstart, thats the best thing to be to me. Show respect, but don't ride nuts, Carve out your own place and don't stop no matter how many people call you a toy, look ENEM, COPE, REVS,SABER,SABOT, CYCLE, and any other name you've even heard of was a toy once, and everyone has a bad sketch, or a fucked up line in a tag.Dont stop Get better, Thats a Challenge To every writer, Vet or toy.

the skill level all depends on the people u write with an what u an thos people are doin an how long they been writen. if ur writen with some ill dudes obvi u would get better alot faster. but the key to painting with these heads that have been in the game for so long is to not dick ride an bite. you will get ur respect

• 3 weeks later...
the skill level all depends on the people u write with an what u an thos people are doin an how long they been writen. if ur writen with some ill dudes obvi u would get better alot faster. but the key to painting with these heads that have been in the game for so long is to not dick ride an bite. you will get ur respect

thats it... & youre only gonna get better as time goes on

8yrs took a 4 year break after two and just sketched. Worst move ever, as the sketching progress the can and wall translation from paper wasnt there. So after many failed attempts at piecing I'm trying to start over with the basics and practice.

The wall practice is just as important as the sketch book. You probably whip up a mona lisa with a marker but if you aren't comfortable with that can it wont translate well. It requires different motions and movements than just a flick of the wrist.

Don't give up, every time you paint you are learning. Doesn't matter if it sucks ass or not. You are progressing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...